Talk

Advanced search

help! Strapless backless bra?

(23 Posts)
chocoraisin Sun 11-Dec-16 17:51:50

I found an amazing dress for my best friends wedding. But I need a strapless, backless bra to wear it.

It's nearly impossible in my size (32E) to find. So I've been looking at dance style camisoles and bralet/slip type things to wear underneath.

I've had two kids and perkyness is a problem. So nothing isn't an option!

Can anyone help me find what I need?

Ta muchly x

GlitteryFluff Sun 11-Dec-16 17:54:50

http://www.next.co.uk/g642162s2#851719

Any good? Available in an e cup in black and nude.

Astro55 Sun 11-Dec-16 17:55:15

www.amazon.co.uk/Party-Bra-Stick-Sticky-Maximum/dp/B00DXJMYOU?th=1&psc=1

OllyBJolly Sun 11-Dec-16 17:57:32

I wore this under my backless wedding dress www.missguided.co.uk/low-back-converter-nude. Not sure how it would work with a strapless bra

missjoanie Sun 11-Dec-16 19:43:54

What about an Ultimo backless body? I'd love one -if they only did them in my size sad

chocoraisin Sun 11-Dec-16 19:44:16

the sticky bra thing gives me the fear!! If you've got big boobage and you need maximum lift do they actually give you a boost? The dress isn't clingy so there won't be any additional lift or support coming from it. Have you tried them Astro?

The backless converter is a possibility, but I'm not convinced a strapless bra would hack it. Maybe with invisible straps it would work? I think the one from Next has a very wide plastic band which wouldn't work with this dress but thanks for the idea!

chocoraisin Sun 11-Dec-16 19:48:23

googling ultimo now!

Iwantawhippet Sun 11-Dec-16 19:55:32

Ultimo backless body is worth a try but get a few cup sizes. I think I found it came up large. They also do a low back bra which is very comfy and gives you about 2 extra inches of back.

chocoraisin Sun 11-Dec-16 19:58:21

thanks for the advice re: cup sizes. I was just looking at the pics and mulling that one over. It's for next Saturday so I can't afford to get it wrong if I mail order!

KatharinaRosalie Sun 11-Dec-16 19:59:48

www.buzzfeed.com/ninamohan/we-tried-kim-kardashians-boob-tape-trick-so-you-dont-have-to?utm_term=.kgMm91Nld#.loJdVza0E

or this. Some people have recommended kinesiology tapes instead of gaffer

NotWithoutMyMerkin Sun 11-Dec-16 20:04:28

My sticky bra that I wore for my wedding wasn't cheap but was super sticky so would have held boobs up fine

chocoraisin Sun 11-Dec-16 20:09:18

This is the dress I just got (bargain!)http://www2.hm.com/en_gb/productpage.0349250001.html

So looking at it again I reckon the Ultimo low bra is the best option, over the backless body. In all honesty I'll almost certainly be wearing a pink cardi all day and night anyway so maybe I'm making more of a panic out of this than needs be.

Also, no point getting a fifteen quid bargain dress to then go and panic spend £50 on underwear is there!

BWatchWatcher Mon 12-Dec-16 11:38:54

Link doesn't work.
Is it the long silvery dress?

friskybivalves Mon 12-Dec-16 11:52:43

I am 32E and have used the stick-on ones very successfully. Are they called bravissima? They come in different cup sizes and colours. They stick underneath and then you kind of haul your breasts up and stick them in place in the hoiked position IYKWIM. Mine never budged. smile have a practice run first. NB - you wouldn't want anyone you don't know verrrrrrry well to see you with them in the stuck position grin

chocoraisin Mon 12-Dec-16 16:36:08

it comes in black too BWatch :D can't go to a wedding in a silver dress lol

Ok I'll have a crack at the sticky things. But tempted to just keep a cardi on and be done with it at this rate!

friskybivalves Mon 12-Dec-16 22:57:16

What happens when you get boiling hot dancing and need to discard cardigan? Then you will be v grateful for sticky hoikers.

BWatchWatcher Mon 12-Dec-16 23:04:52

Oo black! H&M styled it with a very fine t-shirt. I have the silver and 34DD breasts. Went to bravissimo and found nothing, but bought 3 different fine tops. Will look for sticky breast things.

OlennasWimple Tue 13-Dec-16 01:57:10

Something like this? (US sizes, so E cup doesn't exist....)

chocoraisin Fri 16-Dec-16 18:12:24

ok I splurged and got this

it's awesome! and means I will never have this problem again. Hurrah smile

chocoraisin Fri 16-Dec-16 18:13:03

exactly like your link OlennasWimple!

BWatchWatcher Fri 16-Dec-16 18:14:36

Very nice!!

darceybussell Fri 16-Dec-16 18:18:11

I've quite successfully used masking tape to hoick mine up in the past - I was well impressed with myself and there was no worrying about sticky bras falling off!

AccioNameChange Fri 16-Dec-16 18:23:48

Do the stick on ones / tape feel like they are pulling your skin?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now