Talk

Advanced search

best under eye concealer

(24 Posts)
mushroomsontoast Thu 01-Dec-16 22:26:38

A combination of new job, long drives and lack of sleep and I think the bags under my eyes are getting bags! My Clinique concealer just isn't cutting it. Any tips for the best under eye concealer?

LittleFryingPan Thu 01-Dec-16 22:30:30

I swear by Benefit's Erase Paste. It's in a league of its own and the only thing (other than my brow kit) that I wear most days.

VivienneWestwoodsKnickers Thu 01-Dec-16 22:33:56

Also Erase Paste. I'm 35,used it for about 5 years. My mum tried it aged 60ish, and it looks awful on her skin.

Just as an FYI, because a lot of beauty products won't work on different skins for a multitude of reasons.

FeliciaJollygoodfellow Thu 01-Dec-16 22:34:01

Try 17 Woah concealor (or something like that) like erase paste but cheaper! It's the only thing that will cover my terrible hereditary black bags. Mine are sunken as well though so I still get shadows.

FeliciaJollygoodfellow Thu 01-Dec-16 22:36:33

Sorry Phwoarr Paint

QueenMortificado Thu 01-Dec-16 22:37:15

Place marking

I've got horrible puffy looking circles along with bags. It's hereditary and horrible.

Would erase paste work for that? They're green / blue tint rather than red colour

DodoRevival Thu 01-Dec-16 22:40:34

I'm sticking around too. Seems no matter what I do I'm destined to just look exhausted!!

FeliciaJollygoodfellow Thu 01-Dec-16 22:46:07

Queen if they're puffy have you tried massaging your face? I find if I massage my face with some oil before bed ('lymphatic drainage' I think - thing Hirons did a blog post about it) then my eyes aren't puffy in the mornings. It's only recently, as in, post age 33, that I have noticed it.

Technically you should use a salmon colour to counterbalance the blue/green tinge, but tbh I've tried loads and prefer the Phwoarr paint. All others I've tried just aren't thick enough so they blend to nothing.

TresDesolee Thu 01-Dec-16 22:47:00

I've got bags/shadows and over the years I've settled on Garnier roll-on concealer and then a contouring trick - using very light powder (mineral powders are good for this) in the deepest trough under the bag to make it appear to pop forwards.

Looked for a video to illustrate and this woman's technique is really similar to mine although she uses concealer under the eye rather than powder. It really works!

m.youtube.com/watch?v=JIYifdfRrdg

mushroomsontoast Thu 01-Dec-16 22:47:03

Ooh I like the look of erase paint, does it last all day? I find if I catch myself in the mirror halfway through the day I look exhausted! Not really puffy but dark circles and a bit sunken. I'm 37 and have always had pretty good skin but I think lack of sleep is finally catching up with me...

VivienneWestwoodsKnickers Fri 02-Dec-16 08:54:07

Erase Paste definitely lasts all day for me. It won't sort any physical issues like puffiness, only the colours..... Love the stuff!

hollieberrie Fri 02-Dec-16 17:24:09

Tres thanks for that video link, very helpful. I actually tried it this morning with some lightish coloured mineral powder and i think it kinda worked! Will need to try and perfect my technique. My bags / tear troughs are terrible and i'd love to disguise them properly. Any more tips?

DodoRevival Fri 02-Dec-16 17:40:01

Got some Phwoarr Paint today. Will report back.

Lorelei76 Fri 02-Dec-16 19:27:47

A report on Phwoar Paint grin

Petal02 Sun 04-Dec-16 08:24:59

Another vote for Phwoar paint - I apply it with a concealer brush, although you'd be fine to use your fingers if you prefer. But I find using a brush gets the product into the nooks and crannies around my eyes, giving a brighter finish.

But this is also good: www.clarins.co.uk/instant-concealer/C050202012.html It's a liquid concealer, so a more runny consistency than the Phwoar paint, and I find it takes a bit longer to apply (again, I use a concealer brush). The Clarins product gives excellent coverage and stays put til you wash it off.

So I use both concealers, Phwoar paint for work mornings, and Clarins for when I can take my time.

Petal02 Sun 04-Dec-16 08:38:17

www.boots.com/en/Max-Factor-Colour-Corrector-Sticks_1460798/

I just remembered about the max factor yellow crayon, you're supposed to use it as a corrector before concealer, but I find I don't need a concealer if I use the yellow crayon. the yellow shade makes dark circles invisible.

Simplecountrygirl Sun 04-Dec-16 08:38:43

Gah, I was just about to post a thread about exactly this!!

I don't really suffer from dark circles.....but I do really suffer from puffiness and bags. I have tried everything and everything I've tried just ends up going dry and cakey after 30 minutes.

I need a really good, good coverage concealer for bags that DOESNT go flaky or cakey. Erase paste does exactly this for me, it's too heavy and sits in any crease I have under my eyes!

Serenite Sun 04-Dec-16 13:42:25

Try the bobbi brown corrector, I find it really helps even without applying concealer on top. The concealer on top makes it a bit heavy for under eyes I found but I don't like to wear much make up and that is what is recommended for the full effect. The counters are good about applying it for you (a bit much for my liking) to see if you like it. It's one of my few repeat buy make up items

ElspethFlashman Sun 04-Dec-16 13:45:27

I have tried the BB corrector but it just accentuated any lines on me. Not wet enough.

The NYX corrector is the exact same product but with a more emollient consistency and is much kinder under the eye. My new obsession.

Serenite Sun 04-Dec-16 14:20:32

Thank you for that suggestion - I keep meaning to try some nyx products, hear good things about them. Are there any other nyx products you think are good/dupes. Bound to save a fortune buying that then bobbi brown

crazybutterflylady Wed 04-Jan-17 19:36:46

I like the Bobbi Brown range too. The retouching wand and the serum corrector are fantastic and the retouching pencils work really well too. When I asked them to show me how to use it in the counter they suggested the skin under my eyes was dehydrated and so applied the Extra Repair eye cream first and just that made a world of difference. I was amazed! Definitely worth trying a super hydrating eye cream first.

Blahblahblahyadayadayada Wed 04-Jan-17 20:19:18

BB have a serum corrector and concealer which are wetter than the original ones and are very hydrating.
Crazy butterfly lady I also had a BB eye cream (the hydrating one) and it was superb. Must treat myself to some again!

Lua Wed 04-Jan-17 21:42:07

Wasn't YSL touch eclat supposed to be the final word on this? I am completely stupid about makeup,but did tried touch eclat and decided it improve things. But perhaps one of the product suggested here are much better?

taybert Thu 05-Jan-17 13:28:11

What's the Pwoarr Report Dodo?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now