I am on the hunt for the elusive brown boot, please help!

(5 Posts)
Swifey Tue 29-Nov-16 21:37:01

wink What I would like apparently does not exist! Here are the prerequisites:-
Leather and/or waterproof
Calf or knee length
Not too smart, and not too 'mucking out' if you see what I mean?
About £120 ish max
I mostly wear dresses, not floaty or floral, mostly loosely fitted, and thick opaques. I live in the country, and the school drop off is muddy. They have to be super comfy, but not look too much like I have just pulled on my wellies! Can anyone help? grin

badg3r Tue 29-Nov-16 22:06:57

I bought these six years ago, they're £155 but I looked for about two years before I found them and by the time I saw them I was passed caring after two very cold winters! They are amazing, still look really nice and the lining is still in good nick. Normally I wouldn't buy designer stuff but I am very glad I bought these. http://uk.tommy.com/Leather-Boot/EN56821914,en_GB,pd.html?cgid=112010#!color%3D906%26start%3D24%26sz%3D12%26size%3D36

Poppiesway Tue 29-Nov-16 22:10:03

fly do some lovely boots. Shop around to find the best deals. I've had mine three years now.. come out every winter and wear so well. Look better the older they get!

BarbaraofSeville Tue 29-Nov-16 22:14:40

Anything at Jones the Bootmaker?

I bought some from there 13 years ago (I remember because I was in the shop buying them when I found out my second eldest niece had been born) and wore them routinely for years. I still have them and wear them occasionally and still in good condition and very comfy.

keeponkeepinon Wed 30-Nov-16 00:10:04

Just a thought but I have hush puppies emel Overton boots. Had them a year or so. Thermal lined, waterproof and I have dark brown oiled leather. I really wasn't sure about them at first but they are so warm and comfy and the leather is wearing in so nicely the colour looked so flat at first but it's really got its own variations in colour now. I am very pleased with them.
I wear them over jeans or happily with a skirt/dress and opaques. Smart or casual.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now