best natural dye?

(5 Posts)
NerdyBird Tue 29-Nov-16 17:14:36

I am thinking about switching to a natural hair dye. I stopped dying my hair whilst pregnant and on maternity leave. I dyed it using my usual brand (loreal semi permanent) and my hair felt awful! Rough, matted and coated. It wasn't pleasant. That was over a year ago, and now I am getting more grey I'd like to try dye again and was hoping to get recommendations or people's experiences of natural dyes. Probably not henna though.
So has anyone found a good dye that covers a bit of grey and doesn't leave your hair feeling awful? My hair is medium brown and would just be wanting to blend in grey.

thanks!

Limurz Tue 29-Nov-16 18:31:50

I really like the Lush Henna bars. Fiddly to apply but I always get compliments on how shiny my hair is when I use it. Covers Grey well too.

Motherwithflaws Tue 29-Nov-16 19:01:20

I've been using lush henna too, the noir one. My hair looks and feels lovely.

FantasticBeasts Tue 29-Nov-16 19:05:43

Daniel field watercolours are really nice. The same dye can be a 6 wash, 20 wash or permanent depending on how long you leave it on and whether you hair was wet or not.

Have only used hair dye once as i wasn't interested but if I did it again it would be DF.

NerdyBird Wed 30-Nov-16 10:58:33

Thanks!
I'm not too sure about henna as I don't want to be too red or dark. My usual dark brown doesn't suit me now I'm a few years older. But the lush stuff seems to get good reviews so I will bear it in mind.

I quite like the idea of the watercolour one and being able to choose how permanent or not the colour is as I may need to try a few shades before getting the right colour.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now