Talk

Advanced search

Statement necklace & glittery shrug

(12 Posts)
TooTiredToArgue Tue 29-Nov-16 17:11:28

Hi there

I am going to a very special gig in a few weeks (where I will be performing as a backing singer). All very exciting (and nerve wracking) so I want to look as good as I possibly can.

The kind ladies of mumsnet helped me find a lovely sequinned dress but sadly it's sold out everywhere so I am going for plan B, which is a very clingy (but hopefully flattering) black ruched dress from Boden, off the shoulder.

What I now need is a statement necklace and a pretty (silver, sequinned?) wrap/bolero to wear over the top to look a bit more Christmassy.

Any ideas anyone? Nothing too £££, may £20 each max for necklace & shrug.

Thanks, in advance.

CaroleService Tue 29-Nov-16 17:49:00

Are you sure? Shrugs / statement necklaces a bit last year. But black off the shoulder sounds simple and devastating as it is ...

TooTiredToArgue Tue 29-Nov-16 19:19:13

Really? Hadn't thought of that.... no necklace at all?

CaroleService Wed 30-Nov-16 08:01:17

Thin and slithery necklaces are the current thing, I believe. A glint rather than a clump. But someone better informed will be along soon, I hope!

ThisChristmas Wed 30-Nov-16 10:29:11

Fucks sake I just wrote a massive reply with links and everything and my iPad ate it angry

Statement necklaces are indeed a bit last year...maybe have a look at something like this or this ?

ThisChristmas Wed 30-Nov-16 10:34:34

Instead of a bolero or shrug, could you wear a nice coat or posh cardi / wrap and take it off to show off your dress (which sounds like a knockout!)?

TooTiredToArgue Wed 30-Nov-16 20:30:46

Thanks! Just checked & thought my thread had died a death. Thin & slithery sounds interesting (I am obvs v out of loop) and really like the first necklace, thanks ThisChristmas. Blooming iPads. Anyone else out there who can make a middle aged woman feel great for one night of the year!

TooTiredToArgue Wed 30-Nov-16 20:32:39

It's this dress. www.bodenimages.com/productimages/productLarge/16WAUT_WW065_BLK_W01.jpg

CaroleService Wed 30-Nov-16 21:12:29

Maybe I am not entirely serious about this but I wish I had the chutzpah to wear it ...

www.topshop.com/en/tsuk/product/feather-fringe-cape-6122713?bi=0&ps=20&Ntt=feather

TooTiredToArgue Wed 30-Nov-16 21:37:04

That's brilliant. Kate Moss might be able to pull that off - not sure about me!

buddy79 Wed 30-Nov-16 21:54:29

www.prettyeccentric.co.uk/accessories-c1/jewellery-c2/large-velvet-choker-with-cameo-detail-p2928#attribute%5B1%5D=4http://

www.tattydevine.com/butterfly-necklace-peacock

Or etsy is brilliant for unique necklaces ...

TooTiredToArgue Wed 30-Nov-16 22:22:03

Thanks. You girls are good!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now