Talk

Advanced search

THIS top with a sequin mini skirt

(10 Posts)
WellTidy Mon 28-Nov-16 14:33:35

Would you wear this top with a pewter sequin mini skirt, black opaques and black high shoe boots?

I have the mini, tights and shoe boots. I would normally wear a tight fiting thin black sweater with then, but I have put on weight and all the weight is on my tummy giving me a fair size muffin top. So I need a top that is fairly drapey. I am also short, and lots of tops come up very long indeed on me. This Coast top seems to be ok as a fit, as it is short in length, drapey and the band on the tummy is holding me in!

burnishedsilver Mon 28-Nov-16 14:57:11

Its worth a try but as a fellow owner of a muffin top sad I'm not sure that top will disguise it as well as you are hoping it will. It appears to be open at the sides with a thin tight vest on show.

stumblymonkey Mon 28-Nov-16 15:05:36

Looks good to me...Coast tend to use fairly thick jersey type material which should help with the muffin top (assuming you have one that anyone else would notice, they probably won't!).

Can you try it on?

BusyEvenForBee Mon 28-Nov-16 15:05:48

I absolutely love this style tops from Coast. Have a few in different colours, the best ones are with V neck. Yes, it does cover muffin top! And if you have legs for it, go ahead with sequin mini skirt. Do not forget about the accessories.

dottyaboutstripes Mon 28-Nov-16 15:14:07

Sounds good to me! I've got a couple of those tops too and they are v forgiving

WellTidy Mon 28-Nov-16 15:17:44

Oooooh, thanks! I've tried it on - the vest is very thick jersey. The layering is good for disguise. I just wasn't sure about the drapey chiffony thing with a sequin skirt.

Busy please suggest some accessories to me. I can't wear massive earrings as I look daft.

BusyEvenForBee Mon 28-Nov-16 15:27:39

I would go for a round necklace, which is matching the colour of the skirt, not necessary all, but with elements. Matching bracelet will go well. With this outfit I believe nice clutch goes well. What colour is the skirt?

WellTidy Mon 28-Nov-16 15:37:56

Its like a pewter/light grey. Matt sequins rather than sparkly, if you know what I mean. Its last season, so I can't link to it unfortunately.

BusyEvenForBee Mon 28-Nov-16 15:52:59

Would suggest burgundy clutch and burgundy/grey/matt silver accessories will go then. You need a splash of brighter colour in the outfit. Maybe something like this (scroll down to the main pic):

www.etsy.com/uk/listing/265823782/maroon-layered-necklace-multi-strand?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=shopping_uk_en_gb_d-jewelry-other&utm_custom1=4fc0f0d3-f4cd-46d7-add5-a5e8ddf1dfc3&gclid=CJjFl4nmy9ACFQEL0wodc7AOzA

or this:
www.aliexpress.com/item/2014-Fashion-Jewelry-Sets-brand-crystal-and-enamel-jewelry-Party-Gifts-High-Quality-necklace-sets-burgundy/1371107607.html?spm=2114.40010308.4.163.3o4BKb

links are for reference only:-) to give an idea. But accessories always depend on age and budget.

AnnaForbes Mon 28-Nov-16 21:12:29

I have a very similar skirt which I am going to wear to a party with black high shoe boots and opaque tights this weekend. On top I'll probably opt for a black camisole from Dorothy perkins as it's skims my tummy beautifully. I'll also wear a black leather fitted biker jacket. Once I've had a drink or two the jacket can come off to reveal my wobbly arms but noone will care by then .

I like the top you have linked to and think it will work well. Coast fabrics are usually good and thick.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now