Talk

Advanced search

Please recommend me a comfortable thong?!

(12 Posts)
PetticoatsandPearls Sun 27-Nov-16 23:36:52

Please MN, I'm begging you, there must be some kind of comfortable thong out there? I dread having to wear one and will always go for pants if possible, but sometimes its inevitable, yet I'm there super uncomfortable and counting down the minutes until I can be relieved from the nightmare, please help me!!!!

Colby43443 Sun 27-Nov-16 23:46:15

I never found one so will be interested too. I have found great vpl free invisible knickers from m&s but they are granny style.

snowgirl1 Sun 27-Nov-16 23:48:23

M&S. 5 pack supima and modal no vpl thong . No irritating trim and nice and soft

Ladyformation Mon 28-Nov-16 09:47:50

Buy a bigger size? I always buy knickers & thongs 1 or 2 sizes bigger than my clothes and have never understood why people put up with discomfort or VPL shudder

CaraAspen Mon 28-Nov-16 10:10:08

Isn't comfortable thong an oxymoron?

rexthedog Mon 28-Nov-16 10:39:58

Primark, the lacy numbers not in packs, they come in 3's. Soft stretchy and comfortable. I hate thongs and these are the only ones I've ever found that I can wear more than the length of the outfits occasion.

rexthedog Mon 28-Nov-16 10:42:12

https://m.primark.com/en/product/3pk-bandeau-thong,R35397143322959

BlairWaldorfLovesShopping Mon 28-Nov-16 11:03:33

I find the M&S microfibre ones really comfy (for thongs!) and have even slept in them! Agree on sizing up, I'm a 10 and think I bought 14 but I do have a sizeable bum.

CaliNative Mon 28-Nov-16 12:27:24

Any thongs made of microfibre and described as "seamless" or "seam-free" are honestly all I wear and I barely feel them - it is key that they are seamless and therefore will not cut into your waist or groin. I also concur with a pp that the Primark lace thongs (they are displayed on a table and either come in sets of 3 or are £1 each) are very comfortable but the cut changes every now and then (so make sure they have enough stretch around the waist) and they dont tend to stock nude colours (if that is important to you).

See here - www.asos.com/asos/asos-3-pack-basic-seam-free-thongs/prd/6970487?CTARef=Saved%20Items%20Image&setPrefSite=true&r=1&mk=na

www.selfridges.com/GB/en/cat/calvin-klein-invisibles-thong_212-88096842-D3428E/?previewAttribute=Light+caramel

Silverstreaks Mon 28-Nov-16 18:52:35

Bigger/larger/not tight is the only way to get comfortable thongs. Definitely ones with minimal seams. Markies are good for no VPL.

SinglePringle Mon 28-Nov-16 19:08:03

I only wear thongs and find bigger styles really uncomfortable. I wear my ordinary size and my every day ones are the John Lewis microfibre ones. Can't feel a thing.

MrsApplepants Tue 29-Nov-16 15:06:32

I wear cotton thongs every day, don't own any big knickers. I buy them 2 sizes bigger than I am, to avoid the 'cheese wire' effect on my hips and they are perfectly comfy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now