Are they in or out?!

usual Sat 26-Nov-16 22:24:52

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

WelshMoth Sat 26-Nov-16 22:51:09

Ah yes...

<reality sets in>

Fair 'nuff.

PurpleDaisies Sat 26-Nov-16 22:51:48

I've never seen anyone look good in them...

KanyesVest Sat 26-Nov-16 22:52:00

I saw a gorgeous pair on a woman in town today, they came just to the top of her kneecap. I wish I'd asked her about them sad

timeforachangeithink Sat 26-Nov-16 22:54:02

Depends how far otk. Otk fine, thigh high are awful.

Rudymentary Sat 26-Nov-16 22:54:18

I have some.
They are the warmest and most comfortable pair of boots I own.

I don't see many pairs that I like though

Rudymentary Sat 26-Nov-16 22:57:40

Graphite

These are mine - just cover my knee.

timeforachangeithink Sat 26-Nov-16 22:59:12

http://www.dunelondon.com/mobile/taylor-flat-over-the-knee-boot-0089506080037484/ these are mine.

ElspethFlashman Sat 26-Nov-16 23:02:53

I have the flat Clark's ones with elastic all down the back - the Stuart Weitzman rip offs. Come to the top of the knee.

They're very sexy and slinky. Only thing is you can only wear them with tights or leggings. They do look panto with jeans IMO .

JunosRevenge Sat 26-Nov-16 23:04:08

Fishing waders.

grin

WindInThePussyWillows Sat 26-Nov-16 23:52:13

Mine aren't strictly over the knee but very close to it as I'm 5ft2.
My dad called them hooker boots shock but I love them and they are very comfy!

HardToDeal Sat 26-Nov-16 23:54:04

I love those, Wind! Actually gave a sharp intake of breath! I have a shoe problem blush

WindInThePussyWillows Sun 27-Nov-16 00:01:33

Hard thank you, they are really beautiful and make me feel really glamorous I'm not.
I bought them two years ago but spent all of last autumn and winter the size of a bus with a twin baby bump and this year lugging round two car seats so they've been largely impractical hmm

salsamad Sun 27-Nov-16 00:16:52

I secretly covert these boots but would never dare wear them outside. I'd probably just stride around the house in them trying to look vampish and sexy and would probably give my DH a heart attack - if the sight of me in the boots didn't give him the shock of his life, then the price of the boots certainly would grin.

Nettletheelf Sun 27-Nov-16 00:29:35

I've got four pairs. I bloody love them. M&S flat boots in black and grey, M&S block heeled in olive and French Sole flat red.

They only look good in suede, in my opinion, and over the knee rather than thigh length.

I wear mine with cropped jeans underneath. Less material to shove into the boot.

QueenMortificado Sun 27-Nov-16 00:31:57

My mum wanted to buy me some so I tried on one pair and I looked like Robin Hood. Then I tried on another pair and looked like Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman.

Apparently there is no middle ground for me between pantomime-chic and prostitute-chic. So I shan't be buying these style boots.

chemicalCat Sun 27-Nov-16 04:24:52

Well, I like them. Although, more than any other style, I think you need to try them on to make sure you get the pair that suits you. I also think you need to keep the heel low-ish or flat (to avoid the "hooker" association) and the tops not too wide (to avoid the "fisherman" look).

I have a few pairs.

Bluntness100 Sun 27-Nov-16 04:37:40

I think it depends how high and heel height. I have two stretchy suede pairs that come to the top of my knee, but are flat, and work well with skinnies. The high heeled boots I have come to just below my knee.

I'd agree with the others that thigh high is a no no. Thigh high with heels is worse 😂

MooMinCow Sun 27-Nov-16 07:18:46

I got these clarks boots (with 20% off) but haven't decided whether to keep them. The heel is perfect comfy height, soft suede and come just over the knee cap. Problem is they have elastic strip at back of the knee so are quite snug and give me knee overhang blush. I'm hoping if I just wear them round the house they'll give a bit?

Also got these from Dune. Bit longer but more flappy round the knee.

Can't decide!

Switswoooo Sun 27-Nov-16 10:11:20

I have the Clark's ones too, though in leather. The suede may be nicer but suede only lasts five minutes on me before getting ruined. sad

But I do like the leather actually. I have really big calves too and I don't mind them so much in these boots.

(I don't wear actually these jeans with them don't worry, I was just trying the boots on in this pic)

Momentumista Sun 27-Nov-16 10:52:20

Nice boots, but they don't actually look very far over the knee (unless it's just the camera angle)? And your legs are not fat!

I really want the Stuart Weitzman ones but being fairly short, they would probably almost reach my crotch blush

How far above the knee do the Clarks ones and the SW ones actually come?

Momentumista Sun 27-Nov-16 10:53:27

Oops sorry I see a pp has already said Clarks come to top of knee; I think the SW ones are higher?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now