Talk

Advanced search

Best shape wear in the world is ...?

(25 Posts)
saltydogandme Sat 26-Nov-16 20:01:59

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Juicyfrooty Sat 26-Nov-16 20:06:13

I hate them all, I just feel like a giant egg when I wear them.

Apparently the kardashians secret it to wear two pairs at a time

idontlikealdi Sat 26-Nov-16 20:07:29

They have a wee holesmile

PortiaFinis Sat 26-Nov-16 23:28:29

Esbelt is quite good

Colby43443 Sun 27-Nov-16 00:46:33

If its just the belly you wan to hide then corset is better. www.simplybe.co.uk/shop/magisculpt-multiway-body-ivory-std-length-firm-control-3/LX723/product/details/show.action?pdBoUid=4188&ifpla:&ci_sku=LX72329&ci_src=18615224&ifdyn:&promo=6230&cm_mmc=Googlebase-_-Simplybe-_-Product%20Feeds-_-na&gclid=CJu5gvPax9ACFUk8Gwodpq0C_A&dclid=CPu0ifPax9ACFRYYGwodvcECrg#colour:Ivory,size:

Megainstant Sun 27-Nov-16 00:57:46

If anyone can link to something like tb e above but in stock in a 38d I'd be so grateful!

donerwillbehere Sun 27-Nov-16 07:25:40

I have just bought M&s all in one you can wear you own bra ....After putting it on and practicing ninjas moves and jumping up and down and a few Launges in the changing room didn't ride up and was pretty comfortable .....

buzzlightyearsdinosaur Sun 27-Nov-16 09:54:02

This from M&S with these worn underneath. Amazing (use Craig Revel Horwood voice for the word amazing and you will get the idea).

Visiting the ladies took some effort, but it was worth it!

donerwillbehere Mon 28-Nov-16 05:48:08

That is the one I bought will be wearing on Friday ...... Was it comfy ??? Any tips for the toilet ?

Also any tips for wearing high heels ...... I have bought some but the pinch my little toe and historically they always after a few hours burn the ball of my foot .... A friend sad out a plaster around 3-4 toe together this will stop it ???? Anyone heard of that ....... Will have to start practising walking in them this week smile

literallytotally Mon 28-Nov-16 06:27:03

Ignore the reviews. This

https://m.johnlewis.com/spanx-new-higher-power-shorts/p/2633424

I've tried all other shapewear and Spanx are really worth it.

Wore this for a day, ate in it and was really comfy.

Didn't roll down at all and was able to pull down and up for a wee (is the strange crotch thing you can open to wee but I didn't use)

It really smooths and flattens with no muffin top or bottom and the leg bits are like tights so don't dig in.

buzzlightyearsdinosaur Mon 28-Nov-16 09:43:13

I thought it was donerwillbehere. My only tip for wearing high high heels is stolen from Sarah Jessica Parker, and that is to take them off as much as possible if you can...so in the car, sitting in the church if you are at a wedding, under the table if you are out for a meal.

Sara107 Mon 28-Nov-16 19:33:54

I bought a thing in Debenhams that has adjustable shoulder straps, no front so you wear your own bra, and then comes down to mid thigh (skirt style not shorts). I found it was pretty good because I didn't get the rolls that I would get at the top and bottom of the knicker style things. And because you wear a normal bra it is not flattening down your boobs. And with a small amount of effort you can actually go to the loo and eat while wearing it!!! It cost about £60 I think.

Bombay2Goa Mon 28-Nov-16 19:52:26

Having bought and pickled a few at the back of my cupboard, I've learnt you need to consider what 'parts' you are trying to exercise a bit of control over. I have a funny shaped body (petite pear with saddle bags :S ) so for me I have come to learn that shape wear made of the stretchy material (think tights but stronger material) did not work. Too much give in the material. However M&S shapewear (http://www.marksandspencer.com/firm-control-waist-sculpt-no-vpl-cincher/p/p22377619?mfPartNumber=T331802&carousel=FUNV_RR) with some really strong side panels (think rubber in fabric form) helped tame the saddle bags a bit.

MixedUpConfusion Mon 28-Nov-16 19:54:06

My belly isn't all squishy that just disappears with something stretchy over it and wearing shapewear doesn't actually disguise anything... just makes my bump a nice smooth bump. I think I must be weird!

saltydogandme Mon 28-Nov-16 22:18:40

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

RedHouses Mon 28-Nov-16 22:25:46

Best I've ever tried is the M&S wear your own bra slips! So comfortable to wear and work so well. I wear mine all the time, even just for normal daily wear, not just special occasions. I have the skirt type ones in black and nude and I've also just bought the bodysuit one in black too. Slightly obsessed shock

SophieGiroux Mon 28-Nov-16 22:41:13

Another vote for Spanx. You can pick them up for quite a reasonable price at tk maxx

fabulousathome Mon 28-Nov-16 22:48:27

Re uncomfortable shoes:

This is probably not approved of but I recently needed to wear a pair of lovely looking high (for me) heeled shoes to a wedding. The wedding lasted for ten hours and involved much dancing.

I took two lots of paracetamol, carefully timed, and my feet were fine!

Obviously I wouldn't make a habit of this and I'm not a drinker but it really worked!

Fintress Mon 28-Nov-16 23:03:03

Bombay I tried those and my god they are tiny. I would have had to go 3 sizes up to be able to get into the damn things without looking like an exhausted sweaty wreck by the end of it. I tried 1 size up from my normal and I could barely get them over my legs so I gave up.

Wdigin2this Tue 29-Nov-16 09:05:00

They only work if you stand perfectly upright and don't move....any normal activity has them riding uncomfortabley down over your tummy!

Megainstant Tue 29-Nov-16 09:57:43

i always take nurofen all day if I have to wear high heels!

RedHouses Tue 29-Nov-16 10:05:24

Home Bargains sell proper branded Spanx for a fiver! Worth a look there.

Bombay2Goa Tue 29-Nov-16 20:00:37

Fintress the first couple of times was hard work and I did work up a bit of a sweat but I gradually got used to it and I love that I can wear fitted skirts and trousers when I have it on. Been using mine for a year now...just bought a new one

NeonPinkNails Tue 29-Nov-16 21:05:46

I've just received this and am so pleased with it. It's really comfy but very flattering, I honestly look like I've lost half a stone. Even my teen DD said it looked amazing which never happens! It smooths down all the lumpy bits but because I can wear my own bra it doesn't flatten the only good bit of me i.e. my cleavage. Would definitely recommend and am delighted because now I can wear the dress I really love instead of a frumpy 'cover it all up' alternative smile.

Insabbathstheatre Wed 07-Dec-16 19:48:31

Superdrug sell own brand gel sore spots - cheap as chips and fantastic for high heels - I never leave the house without a packet!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now