So my ruched skirts arrived . . .

(12 Posts)
Passmethecrisps Sat 26-Nov-16 11:18:44

In black and the navy stripe.

So far so exciting.

However, two things are troubling me

1) I have no idea how to style the striped one in winter. What colour tights? Black boots with a heel? Wee brown pixie boots? Chelsea boots?

2) when I bought both I did not realise when they arrived I would be nearly ten weeks pregnant. Can I wear them and be pregnant? Will I look chic and pregnant or like an overstuffed sausage?

I am not a natural style and beauty person so please be gentle

neveradullmoment99 Sat 26-Nov-16 18:37:01

Black - black tights and ankle boots [ heeled is better]
Navy stripe - navy tights, tan/brown boots or navy boots or navy shoes.

neveradullmoment99 Sat 26-Nov-16 18:38:24

I am sure they will look fine if you are 10 weeks. They will stretch to fit. Once you get bigger you can combine with a plain jersey maternity top over the top that covers your bump.

Passmethecrisps Sat 26-Nov-16 18:41:27

Thank you. I wore the black today with thick tights and the ubiquitous fly boot.

Annoyingly I couldn't get navy tights today.

Ironically they may end up looking better as I get bigger - more bump less flab

neveradullmoment99 Sat 26-Nov-16 18:43:37

I love fly boots smile Sounds like you styled them fine. Asda or tesco would do navy tights although you may need to buy a superlarge pair later on when you have a big bump!

Passmethecrisps Sat 26-Nov-16 18:47:38

I did get myself some gray tights. I will try again for blue.

MrsDesperado Sat 26-Nov-16 19:21:17

What sort of tops do you wear with them?

Passmethecrisps Sat 26-Nov-16 19:49:25

Well today was a sort of knitted slouchy jumper in taupe and gray.
The stripe I was thinking a long cardigan in off white and a navy t-shirt

MrsDesperado Sat 26-Nov-16 19:58:27

Thanks Pass I tend to wear slouchy jumpers too but am looking for something else, too. Like the idea of a cardi - would you leave the top out or tuck it in?

Passmethecrisps Sat 26-Nov-16 20:06:18

I have been going for tucked in front and pulled out back. It sounds odd but creates a narrower waist without looking a bit stiff or drawing too much attention to lumps and bumps

MrsDesperado Sat 26-Nov-16 21:23:37

I like the sound of that! I have a bit of a pot belly at the moment though so it may not work on me but I'll have a go. It's good to have a new option - thanks!

Passmethecrisps Sat 26-Nov-16 21:26:43

Helped each other - nice one!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now