Talk

Advanced search

Skincare

(7 Posts)
Titsalinabumsquash Fri 25-Nov-16 14:51:57

I'm getting married in a few weeks time and my skin is a mess! Dry/red and flakey. My rosacea is flaring up and my pores can be seen from space. I have 3 weeks of intensive treatment to make it a bit better, current apart from washing it in the shower/sink with warm water and a sensitive face wash I do nothing blush

So any advice? Please don't tell me to go and get a facial or anything like that I have no time and very little money and I hate the whole pampering thing, I'm ideally looking for a routine I can do daily/twice daily. Thanks.

ohgoodlordthatsmoist Fri 25-Nov-16 14:56:40

Liz Earle hot cloth cleanser is great I tend to use before bed then use Clinique moisture surge intense morning and evening
I have dry skin but not rosacea.

BusterGonad Fri 25-Nov-16 14:57:06

I don't know anything about Rosacea but I know dry and sensitive skin is greatly helped by Aveeno. I'm sure I read in here a great treatment for rosacea on here.

iamamickey Fri 25-Nov-16 14:58:14

I have v dry skin and Rosa flare ups. I highly recommend drinking copious amounts of water and using Avene products.

Titsalinabumsquash Fri 25-Nov-16 14:59:07

My rosacea isn't anywhere near has bad as it has been in the past so I want to jump on it before I end up in the position of needing strong medication to fix it.
The cold and wind doesn't help, I'm out in all weathers feeding/cleaning out my ducks and chickens.
I heard coconut oil can be good? I have some from DD's nappy box, could that be slathered on every night do you think?

ChardonnayKnickertonSmythe Fri 25-Nov-16 16:55:25

All I know is the Liz Earl Cleanse and Polish hot cloth cleanser made my skin red and irritated, I would stay away.

Coconut oil can clog your pores.
Boots have dozens of sensitive skin cleansers by Avene and LaRochePosay.

SarahOoo Fri 25-Nov-16 17:03:32

I have dermatitis on my face, avoid any products with Sodium Laurel Sulfate (SLS) in it. Even down to your toothpaste (some Sensodine ones are ok or any from Holland & Barrett are good too). Best of luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now