Talk

Advanced search

Money no object: luxury face wash for dry skin

(17 Posts)
MorrisZapp Fri 25-Nov-16 07:43:39

I'm seeking a high end, delightful product to wash my face with. I'm middle aged, got massive pores and very dry skin.

I don't want a cream cleanser or anything involving a cloth (I already have these) . I'm looking for something I can use in the shower and rinse off, with either a gel or a creamy texture.

I love nice fragrance and a luxury feel. Don't like those liquid 'foaming cleansers'.

Been paid and feeling like a splurge. Any lovely ideas?

ThisPasadenaHomemaker Fri 25-Nov-16 07:48:07

It's not all that ££ but Oskia Renaissance Cleansing Gel is fantastic. It's an illuminating cleanser so would suit your dry skin and has a gorgeous scent.

slinkysaluki Fri 25-Nov-16 07:53:51

I had a sample of a La Prairie face wash a while ago it was a pearlised gel like texture and when water was added it turned into a rich moisturising creamy lather it was lovely. I also think Nice creamy face wash for dry sensitive skin is good, not high end but very good, it's in a pink tube.

slinkysaluki Fri 25-Nov-16 07:54:54

nivea not nice hmm

PinkSwimGoggles Fri 25-Nov-16 07:55:45

bar of soap.
honestly does wonder for my skin to get off all the grime of the day properly.
I rather splash out on a decent moisturizer.

JennyHolzersGhost Fri 25-Nov-16 07:57:48

I like Clarins gentle foaming cleanser with shea butter. It doesn't really foam though grin - it's a nice rich cream which you smooth on and rinse off. I use it in the shower, no cloth required.

Notthisnotthat Fri 25-Nov-16 08:03:33

I use the Clarins foaming facial wash with Shea butter, it's fab.

PatCashless Fri 25-Nov-16 08:11:40

I use the same clarins cleanser, it is gorgeous!

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Fri 25-Nov-16 08:14:52

Pink - I've just discovered Waitrose sensitive soap - skin has never been bettershock

Newbluetattoo Fri 25-Nov-16 08:22:03

I've been using Nuxe Reve de Miele gel cleanser. About £15, so not really high end, but it smells amazing, and leaves my dry sensitive skin really feeling smooth & Clean (unusually for a gel cleanser).

MorrisZapp Fri 25-Nov-16 09:51:37

Oooh these all sound gorgeous! I've got the Oskia Renaissance mask which is divine beyond words, I didn't know they had a cleanser.

MorrisZapp Fri 25-Nov-16 09:53:00

Fifteen quid is defo high end smile Nuxe is another heavenly brand.

GingerLDN Fri 25-Nov-16 12:59:57

Anything foaming will make your skin feel drier ime. Clarins melting gel cleanser is great for dry/tight skin. Its a gel/oil texture. Amazing.

MorrisZapp Fri 25-Nov-16 14:27:30

Thanks all for the excellent suggestions! I went to Marks and Sparks and tested out all the Nuxe goodies. I ended up purchasing their 'les Indespensibles' bag of travel sizes for 13.50, and then going online to Look Fantastic and buying four Nuxe items:

Extra comforting cream
Gel cleanser
Soft foaming cleanser with rose petals
Shower gel

There was a three for two deal so it was a bargain! I tested the comforting cream in M&S and may I say it is a dream on my dry skin. It's a balm texture and so utterly luxurious smelling.

Even the hand cream I have on is giving me expensive wafts of luxury - I feel truly pampered. Thanks all.

WhooooAmI24601 Fri 25-Nov-16 17:53:28

Oh I love Nuxe, the smell of Huile Prodigeuse is what I want my house to smell like once the stinky children have grown up!

ProjectGainsborough Fri 25-Nov-16 21:13:24

Eve Lon. I would if I wasn't poor

Foxyspook Fri 25-Nov-16 22:50:47

'There is a really nice micellar Luxe oil that I think it is even better than Eve Lom and I've been a faithful fan for years.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now