Talk

Advanced search

Massively unstylish and positively ugly...hi vis

(14 Posts)
KanyesVest Thu 24-Nov-16 18:12:40

I walk a good bit, to/from buses and meetings. Given the time of year, it's often dark and while there are street lights, I'd prefer to be as visible as possible. Are there any unugly hi-vis options? I'm currently wearing those reflective arm band things on Jaeger camel coat; they kind of ruin the look...

NoraCharlesMartiniGlass Thu 24-Nov-16 18:20:07

These light-reflecting snoods (I kid you not) usually get good write-ups. Any good?

specialsubject Thu 24-Nov-16 18:23:46

because being the most stylish person in the graveyard is such a good look....

the model has her snood covered with her hair and coat and just visible a bit from the front. That will work well. And fifty-seven quid????

arm bands are a good idea and no doubt cheap.

squiz81 Thu 24-Nov-16 18:40:17

It's dark but you're worried about what you look like...confusing.

burnishedsilver Thu 24-Nov-16 18:46:07

I think you might have found a gap in the market Kanye.

KanyesVest Thu 24-Nov-16 19:01:05

If only I had the product design chops to go with the ideas, burnished.

That snood looks interesting, Nora, thanks for the link, although I might see if there's anything cheaper as a trial run.

MsUnderstanding Thu 24-Nov-16 20:38:20

You could knit your own. lovelybike.blogspot.co.uk/2015/09/on-knitting-with-reflective-yarn.html

MsUnderstanding Thu 24-Nov-16 20:45:34

What about these?

MsUnderstanding Thu 24-Nov-16 20:48:56

Seriously though. My DC wear LED key ring fobs on thier coats. And I have some for my bike bag. Maybe some flashy lights on your handbag, you can tuck them away when out in the daylight.

KanyesVest Thu 24-Nov-16 21:41:18

Actually, knitting something could be a way forward. Thanks! (Although the trainers are a definite contender grin )

ImYourWomanJonSnow Fri 25-Nov-16 02:36:35

weekday have a range of reflective accessories (developed in collaboration with an insurance company) shop.weekday.com/gb/Weekday_i_d/News/If_x_Weekday

WiltingTulip Fri 25-Nov-16 02:40:08

I seriously love those shoes- the style says "business" the lights say "party".

They're like a shoe mullet....

I'd get a light and attach it to your bag.

auldfuckingspinster Fri 25-Nov-16 12:27:03

I have loops on the back of my backpack that i clip hi viz strips to. Ikea have a selection of clip on reflective badges and Tiger usually have clip on lights.

Plumpcious Fri 25-Nov-16 17:54:06

I've been looking for similar stuff lately. Haven't seen any of this in real life:

bags with reflective bits:
www.notabag.com/collections/reflective-notabag

and thanks to auld's suggestion I've just found these on the Ikea website:

reflective clips:
www.ikea.com/gb/en/products/ikea-family-products/safety/beskydda-reflective-clip-set-of-2-art-20315768/

reflective snap bands:
www.ikea.com/gb/en/products/ikea-family-products/safety/beskydda-reflective-snap-band-art-40315772/

reflective tags:
www.ikea.com/gb/en/products/ikea-family-products/safety/beskydda-reflective-tag-set-of-2-art-80315770/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now