Talk

Advanced search

What type of skirt/bottoms with this sweater for night out please?

(7 Posts)
keeponkeepinon Thu 24-Nov-16 15:22:21

this

If I wanted to wear this for a Christmas night out in smart bars and pubs, what could I wear it with? I'm a bit stumped. It needs something a bit 'more' than just black skinnies and boots. I feel a bit casual in that. I thought of the coated type jeans but I don't think they'll work with my shape, I'd be too self conscious. I'd love a pleated skirt too but again I don't think it would sit nicely on me.

Any ideas?

SantasPantsalive Fri 25-Nov-16 12:04:24

I have looked at that jumper. I think it's great and looks very wearable.

I would probably wear it with a straight short velvet skirt - a bit like in the photo.

If you wanted something dressier than skinny jeans, how about cigarette trousers, or these cropped tuxedo pants would be good with a heel.

FeliciaJollygoodfellow Fri 25-Nov-16 12:57:58

That's really nice - why couldn't I have found that earlier, I've just ordered a play suit thing but would much rather that!

I'd wear it with coated jeans and boots, I don't really do heels although they would look lovely with it.

SantasPantsalive Fri 25-Nov-16 13:47:48

Can't you send the play suit back Feleicia?

FeliciaJollygoodfellow Fri 25-Nov-16 16:27:34

I probably will but it's not here yet! grin I've spent too much on one work meal out and bought about two xmas presents.....

BusterGonad Fri 25-Nov-16 17:40:42

What about a leather pencil skirt?

keeponkeepinon Sun 27-Nov-16 19:30:06

Oh wow I hadn't seen these replies! I kind of like the leather skirt thing but I would just feel too self conscious, it's just not "me". Plus I wear a black leather jacket anyway, it'd be a bit 'double denim', I think. Coated jeans would highlight the bits I want to disguise...I can't imagine they'd work on me.
I would wear a velvet skirt though, probably a line.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now