Vision direct for contact lens?

(17 Posts)
spydie Thu 24-Nov-16 14:30:37

Having been massively let down by my opticians who have screwed up my order so it hasn't arrived in time, which I desperately need for this weekend..... I've come across vision direct who appear to do next day delivery and don't need a prescription.

I'm hoping you wonderful mumsneter's can tell me whether they are legit or not!? Seems to good to be true!

spydie Thu 24-Nov-16 14:31:09

Grr 'too good to be true'

JeffreyArchersUnderpants Thu 24-Nov-16 14:35:40

I've used them, got contact lenses delivered next day and there was a pack of haribo in the package too!

chemicalCat Thu 24-Nov-16 14:41:34

I've used them for a while. I have an odd prescription that makes normal monthly plans inconvenient. They usually come the next day and work out cheaper than Boots, Specsavers, etc.

LuckySantangelo1 Thu 24-Nov-16 14:51:05

They are great. I have used them for years. Package normally comes next day, in a box designed to fit through a letter box.

spydie Thu 24-Nov-16 16:01:26

Thanks everyone! I've been caught out before buying online, so when it seems too good to be true....

Luckily my opticians have taken a trial pack to the post office and sent it special delivery so I am now sorted, but will bear in mind for future as they are cheaper than my opticians!

rubybleu Thu 24-Nov-16 16:03:54

No, I get my dailies through them and they're absolutely fine.

Gobbolinothewitchscat Thu 24-Nov-16 16:14:53

Can't re moment daysoft enough - they are really good

nannyplumislostinspace Thu 24-Nov-16 16:19:18

I use them. They are fine.

daisiesinherfootsteps Thu 24-Nov-16 16:25:24

I've also used them for years, next day delivery through letterbox, never once had a problem and yes the little haribo inside, have always wondered what that's all about!

Lolly86 Thu 24-Nov-16 16:26:06

Use them even month they are fantastic never been let down

LaundryQueenHatesIroning Thu 24-Nov-16 16:32:06

I've been using them for years. They're great.

BambooWhoosh Thu 24-Nov-16 16:38:09

Definitely legit. They were recommended to me by 2 people at work.

I ordered for the first time on Friday. I did not have my prescription with me so just took the details from the lens box. The lenses arrived in less than 24 hours. Free delivery and £ 20 cheaper than my optician.

I cannot recommend them highly enough.

BambooWhoosh Thu 24-Nov-16 16:41:11

I mean my optician charges £ 105 (daily disposables) and I'm lucky to get them in a week. At Vision Direct it was £ 85 and I had them next day.

poisonedbypen Thu 24-Nov-16 16:46:32

Yes, I use them all the time & have for years. Very quick & easy to re-order, and here the next day. I have a feeling them once asked for the prescription but I never sent it and they haven't asked since.

slug Thu 24-Nov-16 16:54:51

Fast and cheap. Plus you can set them up to re-order easily. I ask for a notification after a set number of weeks. I get a text message from them and reply with a 1 if I want the same order, 2 if I want to change it. Lenses arrive two days later usually.

snowplop Thu 24-Nov-16 18:57:14

I've used them for my daily lenses for years...well, I was with Get Lenses and then they became Vision Direct. They're cheap, fast and yes, the haribo is a nice touch, but I've switched to Tesco Opticians so I can collect Clubcard points.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now