Talk

Advanced search

Alternative to hush / boden ruched skirt

(10 Posts)
literallytotally Wed 23-Nov-16 20:28:28

They are both sold out in black. Any alternatives out there?

dannyglick Thu 24-Nov-16 12:46:20

I would like to know this, too, OP.
After seeing recommendations on here, I've been checking the Hush website every day, but no joy yet.
Would have liked this skirt for a Xmas Eve family dinner, with a Hush jumper to go with it.
Still hopeful.

Gillybobs Thu 24-Nov-16 17:20:32

Kettlewell and baukjen both do one. Kettlewell have two length options

dannyglick Thu 24-Nov-16 17:57:43

I've been wondering about the Kettlewell one, but it doesn't appear as ruched or as flattering as the Hush one: even the model looks a bit frumpy in it.

Thisismynewname123 Sat 26-Nov-16 07:48:30

The Hush one was always sold out in black when I tried to order it, so in the end I gave in and tried the Kettlewell one then it came back in stock in Hush so I ordered both to compare. Ended up keeping the Kettlewell one. They are as flattering as each other. The Kettlewell one black is a deeper black and I think will fade less (I have a black Hush dress same material that has faded over time). I was also unsure of Kettlewell (also because of the very unfashionable looking website) but tried it after seeing it mentioned repeatedly on here and I'm glad I did. I ordered both lengths and kept the shorter one.

LalaDipsey Sat 26-Nov-16 07:53:27

I have the Baukjen one in grey. It's now a couple of years old and still as good as when I bought it. Washes and wears really well plus it ruches up and down well to change the length.

Momentumista Sat 26-Nov-16 08:16:48

The hush skirt I didn't like. Too short, too tight & kept riding up ( bought normal size).

Boden one - if you can get hold of it - is bloody brilliant- wish I'd ordered several. Really hope they will bring it back.

Rudymentary Sat 26-Nov-16 08:20:39

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Momentumista Sat 26-Nov-16 09:03:50

I've never heard of kettle well - off to google.

literallytotally Sat 26-Nov-16 21:42:19

Thanks all... off for a look!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now