Talk

Advanced search

Lands End Children sizing

(6 Posts)
stripeknee Wed 23-Nov-16 20:01:13

from what i have heard the women's sizing tends to be large, is the children's sizing generous too or is it a standard fit and how would this compare to other shops sizing, hm, next, zara etc

stripeknee Wed 23-Nov-16 22:00:48

also would you choose to order from uk site or main site not sure which works out better value ?

witsender Wed 23-Nov-16 22:07:49

I order from the UK site, haven't seen much difference. I think their sizing is a touch on the small side, I tend to order a size up for mine to get the most wear out of them.

nennyrainbow Wed 23-Nov-16 22:37:39

I ordered some trousers from there a few years ago and couldn't get anything to fit as they were all oversized. I don't know if it's changed since then but their size 6 which was supposed to correspond to a UK 10 was more like a generous 12. I've given up buying clothes for myself from there now although footwear is fine and accurately sized. DH got some shirts and found them rather generously sized ( in girth rather than length).
I have had a few kids things which also tend to be on the large side, I would say about a year ahead of the English sizes. Eg age 7-8 fits like a UK 8-9. My kids like their hoodies instead of coats.

stripeknee Thu 24-Nov-16 15:22:01

thanks i may just go with dc normal size, but am i right in thinking it costs to return ?

nennyrainbow Thu 24-Nov-16 17:38:25

Yes, you do have to pay for returns postage but it's a flat rate (£3?) for as much as you want if you do it through their website.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now