Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Best high-street jeans for a petite pear...

(11 Posts)
user1473343040 Wed 23-Nov-16 16:47:54

Can't see an option to change my user-name (haven't posted since the hack and forced re-registration), so apologies for the annoying NN.

As above, really: I'm 5"1, fairly slender, small waist relative to hips and thighs but with a bit of post-baby wobble, so I tend to go for high-waisted styles which work well for that.

I've been living in Primark's high-waisted skinnies for years, but they go baggy fairly quickly and are very thin. If anyone could recommend a brand of jeans that will actually retain their shape, I'd be grateful. Preferably high-waisted, either skinny (tucked into shorty-Ugg-style boots this winter) or boot-cut - or both! as I'm feeling the need for a whole wardrobe overhaul... grin TIA.

PecanPiePoppet Wed 23-Nov-16 16:50:45

Top Shop jeans, various styles, come in leg lengths and some have nice fitted waists. I'm the same height as you but different shape but pretty sure you'll find something there.

Sweetandsour93 Wed 23-Nov-16 17:01:09

I've had a few high waisted pairs from New Look, which have lasted quite well. It might be a worth looking at the petite section on the website as the stores don't always have everything in stock.

mumsnit Wed 23-Nov-16 17:06:27

Dare I say it but Tesco jeans are pretty good! I'm 5'3, slim but pear shaped and the high waisted slim fit jeans are great and do keep their shape too.

I used to love Next petite jeans but recently the shape and quality seems to have changed so I've been looking for alternatives too!

DeathMetalMum Wed 23-Nov-16 17:09:27

I've got brilliant pairs from Dorothy perkins and Next. I can't do high waist but I find their styles come just high enough on me to hide the post baby tummy.

UntilTheCowsComeHome Wed 23-Nov-16 17:10:36

I second tesco, I live in their jeans.

ScoobyDoosTinklyLaugh Wed 23-Nov-16 17:22:02

Top shop Jamie jeans

user1473343040 Wed 23-Nov-16 17:51:31

Ooh, thanks all.

Would the Tesco high-waisted slim-fit ones be able to tuck into mid-calf boots?

No TopShop near me unfortunately, and I wont buy unless I've tried them on. Do have a New Look though, and have heard good things about their jeans...

imjessie Wed 23-Nov-16 18:45:23

Oasis cherry are lovely .. I do but a lot of Tesco clothes for everyday though and really like them .

mumsnit Wed 23-Nov-16 18:52:07

I usually wear mine with trainers or shoes OP so not sure what they'd look like with mid calf boots! Might be worth trying their skinnies to wear with boots?

NotAMammy Wed 23-Nov-16 23:05:29

M&S 5 pocket jegging which is actually a jean and not a jegging - fantastic!

I got a pair of New Look high-waisted skinnies last weekend. Were great in the changing room and for the first half hour, but soon the crotch started migrating towards my knees. Not a good look or feeling.

For reference I'm 5 2 (and a half) size 10 waist, 12 everything below my waist. I'm planning on getting another couple pairs soon to cover over Christmas but I'll look out for Tesco jeans too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now