Talk

Advanced search

Am I the only person who likes Scent of a Dream?

(12 Posts)
GrendelsAunty Wed 23-Nov-16 16:39:24

Whenever it's mentioned in a post it's always disliked, often referred to as scent of a drain.

Maudlinmaud Wed 23-Nov-16 16:41:36

I love it! And it's not the type of perfume I go for at all. Not fussed on her makeup though.

Lottapianos Wed 23-Nov-16 17:07:41

No, you're not the only one. I adore it and will be treating myself to a bottle for my birthday. It seems to be total Marmite though, people either love it or hate it

ChardonnayKnickertonSmythe Wed 23-Nov-16 17:09:22

What is it?

Big white flowers?

GrendelsAunty Wed 23-Nov-16 17:48:51

It reminds me of trying on aftershave after school when I was 16. Not sure why we did that!

TeamFinn Mon 28-Nov-16 21:54:52

I got a sample, sprayed it on myself and had to go wash it off. It really wasn't for me!

Softkitty2 Tue 29-Nov-16 11:06:13

Its charlotte tilbury and i love it too

MixedUpConfusion Tue 29-Nov-16 11:14:02

There's a lot of dislike for it on Fragrantica

ThisPasadenaHomemaker Tue 29-Nov-16 11:19:49

I renamed it Scent of a Drain on here a few months back.

Needless to say I think it's horrible. It smells wholly artificial, really cheap and has no complexity or depth to it whatsoever.

Charlotte Tilbury is a brand I just don't get. Every single beauty blogger in the UK seems desperate to shill her stuff but everything I've tried has been average at best.

madmomma Tue 29-Nov-16 16:02:53

Totally agree Pasadena. I think it's complete emperor's new clothes. She is a very well-connected woman.

hollyisalovelyname Wed 30-Nov-16 07:37:13

I dislike it.

Lottapianos Wed 30-Nov-16 09:01:26

I agree that all the bloggers seem to swoon over her products but regular punters seem to find them a bit meh. There's something very naff about the brand as well - all the coy wink-wink sexy references and the rose gold packaging. I have just bought her Lost Cherry lipstick after trying it in store and being very impressed with the colour but havent' worn it for a full day yet so will be interested to see how it goes. £23 is a lot of money for a lipstick, especially considering Revlon and Maybelline do great lipsticks for about £8-9

I dont' agree that the perfume has no complexity though. I really didnt' like it when I first got a sample of it sprayed on a card, but I stuck it in my pocket and could not stop getting it out to sniff it all day! The fragrance settles down after about half an hour and becomes much softer and more powdery.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now