Curly hair!

(4 Posts)
unicornpoopoop Wed 23-Nov-16 12:03:03

I have thick long curly hair. It's getting to the point though where it's just unmanageable! It knots up so much, from the start of dreadlocks at the back, to those little fairy knots through out the ends!

It's too thick even for the tangle teezer!

It does need a cut but I'm sick of hairdressers not being able to cut curly hair!

Anyone have any curly hair advice? From brushes to conditioners etc - I'm happy to hear everything about how you look after your curls!

EssentialHummus Wed 23-Nov-16 12:10:29

Hairdressers: Go to Spring in Birmingham even if, like me, you live in South London. Genuinely, it's worth the trek there.

Products: I use a bunch of Trepadora stuff, which is good but pricey. You need to get away from using shampoo, to using "co-wash" or "no-poo" (basically, non-sulphate) products instead.

Don't brush! Run your hands through when you've got conditioner in, and again when wet. Do not let a brush near your head!

JennyOnAPlate Wed 23-Nov-16 12:17:12

Yes to a trip to spring in Birmingham!

Google the curly girl method and give it a go (no shampoo, conditioner only) it's done wonders for my hair.

I use tresseme botanical conditioner and Eco styler gel (the green one, bought from Amazon)

I never brush or comb...detangle with fingers and lots of conditioner.

unicornpoopoop Wed 23-Nov-16 12:30:35

I was tempted to trek in over to Birmingham but wasn't sure if it was worth it or not.

I only wash it once a week with no sulphate shampoo and that's when il brush it properly. I have no choice as it's just so knotted!

The rest of the week just finger comb.

And when I get round to it, I make my own hair treatment out of Shea butter, coconut oil and vitamin e oil which really helps.

I'm getting tempted just to cut it all off despite the fact I've been growing it for 3 years now! I feel like I'm starting to look like a messy lion! sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now