Talk

Advanced search

Philips or Oral B toothbrush

(12 Posts)
Peopleplease Wed 23-Nov-16 11:59:44

I asked on chat yesterday and got a few replies but I'd like a few more.

My Philips Soniccare diamondclean toothbrush just died. It won't charge.

There's an Oral B on Amazon Black Friday for a good price

Anyone use both or have a preference?

HairyArsedMatelot Wed 23-Nov-16 12:24:06

If you buy Oral B or any of these brands you are supporting a company that is cruel to animals and the environment.

Buy another Philips toothbrush.

L1lyOfTheValley Wed 23-Nov-16 12:28:58

I had Oral B ones for many years, then discovered Philips Sonicare and that's what I repeat buy when they die (every 10ish years?) Much prefer the head style of the Philips to the rotating ones.

OCSockOrphanage Wed 23-Nov-16 13:43:32

Oral B's sonic toothbrush was much better than the Philips IMO, but I don't they make it anymore. Not keen on the Philips heads personally, but this isn't being helpful.

OCSockOrphanage Wed 23-Nov-16 13:44:08

They don't make it anymore.......... Whoops.

macnab Wed 23-Nov-16 13:53:13

I have a Philips Sonicare and love it.

nennyrainbow Wed 23-Nov-16 13:59:53

I have used both. I prefer the Philips Sonicare. However DH prefers Oral B with the rotating brush. So that's 50:50 then and doesn't help you choose!
I did find the rotating brush heads of the oral B very noisy and that was one of the reasons I didn't like it. I also prefer the smaller size of the heads on the Philips for getting into awkward to reach places.

Peopleplease Wed 23-Nov-16 16:00:35

I'm still so undecided!

vjg13 Wed 23-Nov-16 16:36:33

I have had both, currently using the Oral B, it is noisy but IMO cleans better.

Squirter Wed 23-Nov-16 16:55:45

How about putting a new battery in your old toothbrush?

Ifonlyiweretaller Wed 23-Nov-16 16:57:20

I have both. My dentist prefers me to use the noisy Oral B as she reckons it cleans better (and I actually think i does) but I find it quite clumsy to use, particularly on the top teeth at the back of my mouth. So I do Oral B in the morning, and the much quieter Sonicare at night so as not to wake the OH when I go to bed.
Not much help really!

Tubbyinthehottub Wed 23-Nov-16 16:58:57

Philips Sonicare every time but I just buy the basic one these days. No need for gimmicks IMO

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now