Talk

Advanced search

Going blonder without ruining my hair? Advice needed please!

(4 Posts)
WanderlustQueen Wed 23-Nov-16 10:34:59

Hello - can I throw myself upon the mercy of your kind advice before I commit an epic hair crime please?

My natural colour is very dark brown with a slight red tinge. I used to have blonde highlights until I was pretty much blonde and this year have let it all grow out naturally.

I've been using the Feria Ombre box sets to keep my hair, well, ombre and I like it the way it is but it's growing out and I need to do it again.

However, I'd like to start going just a bit blonder so I'm tempted to get a bleach kit and do an at home balayage type thing, bringing the blonde higher up in delicate streaks..... My question is - if I do that, will the ends of my hair burn and fall off? They are blonde after repeated Ombreing....

Or should I just stick to my usual kit and just leave it on the top half longer to lighten?

I can't afford to go to a hairdresser and I'm fairly handy with the old dye, I've made a good job if it so far smile Any advice? I don't want my hair to fall out, there's not much of it as it is! grin

MitzyLeFrouf Wed 23-Nov-16 11:22:13

Can you buy some Olaplex to use at home?

WanderlustQueen Wed 23-Nov-16 11:26:41

Ooh I've just Googled that - that looks very interesting thank you!

My hair is in relatively good condition right now - I'm just scared that bleach on top of bleach wil frazzle it..

Jmangel Wed 23-Nov-16 11:28:50

Huge second for olaplex - lets you get away with murder!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now