If you had 3k to spend on yr face....

(79 Posts)
SeasonalVag Wed 23-Nov-16 07:51:49

Just got a tax rebate which means I can properly invest in my youth, not something I can normally afford. What's the most cost effective way to spend money on fine lines and wrinkles which are particularly bad under my eyes?

I was thinking a long course of microneedling? And save half for a upper lower blephoplasty....or is fraxel the way to go?

Was raised on sugar, smoked for years, have tender Irish skin and have had loads of stress in the past few years....my face is a wreck.

What would you do?

PollyPerky Wed 23-Nov-16 08:22:06

I'd go and see an expert and let them decide. Most are so busy and well paid they have no interest in ripping anyone off.

You might find that good fillers / Botox do the job but you'd need it topping up forever. Eye job might work but it's more for bags than wrinkles.

Softkitty2 Wed 23-Nov-16 09:00:31

I'd have a peel, book microderabrasions sessions (please book with dermatologists and not beauticians), fillers? Botox? Teeth whitening.

PeaceOfWildThings Wed 23-Nov-16 09:03:55

Running shoes, learn to run marathons for charity, meet some great people, make friends, laugh and smile a lot. A good diet and drinking plenty of water will do wonders for the skin, too.

flamingnoravera Wed 23-Nov-16 09:16:22

Marathon runners have the worst facial skin. The constant movement causes facial muscles to drop faster with gravity than for people who don't run marathons.

Musiclife Wed 23-Nov-16 09:22:24

I don't know what any of those things are confused. I was going to say plain old Botox.

HorseyHorseyTwat Wed 23-Nov-16 09:28:39

3k on your face?! Jesus. I'd spend it on a holiday and assume the rest would make me look better.

Softkitty2 Wed 23-Nov-16 09:32:16

Oh yes and good make up.

sofato5miles Wed 23-Nov-16 09:36:18

I want one of those deep lazering thingymajingies. The one that reaches deep into your skin and smacks the collagen cells about a bit to wake them up. My professional beauty tester friend says it incredibly effective. But you look like a melting zombie for a week...

Meadows76 Wed 23-Nov-16 09:43:32

Agree with horsey

I would buy myself something lovely and assume the smile on my face from that would be good enough

Jmangel Wed 23-Nov-16 10:13:26

Yes to good diet and water but no no no to running- shockingly slack faces and just weather beaten looking. Yes to yoga and facial exercises.
Agree would be best to go for a few consultations - should be free and don't disclose how much you have to spend or they'll just keep piling on treatments until they get to that figure.
Be clear with them what bothers you most - is it deep wrinkles (Botox), sagging (fillers), fine lines/crepey (peels, laser), pigmentation/luminosity (laser), eye bags (tear trough fillers/blepharoplasty)
Then a good doctor will know how best to make you look well rested but definitely get more than one opinion.
Where do you live and we can see if we can give you recs?
The big problem might be that you love the results and then have the issue of maintenance. Some clinics are offering monthly payment schemes which sounds a bit wierd and possibly too marketing focused - could results be compromised? Not sure.

SeasonalVag Wed 23-Nov-16 10:19:51

I specifically want to tackle premature ageing of my skin.

I'm not a 2d unfulfilled human being, plenty going on, don't need teeth whitening, weight loss, holidays, a smile, new friends, new hobbies new values etc. Am very content and live good life, thanks.

I don't value myself in terms of my skin but have the cash to fix it. There's nothing wrong with that.

SoftKitty - have you had a peel? Does it reduce lines?

Megainstant Wed 23-Nov-16 10:21:35

I know people say runners have terrible skin but all the women at my running club look fantastic! Sure its a myth.

SeasonalVag Wed 23-Nov-16 10:22:01

JMAngel - have read very mixed reviews of laser...I want to blitz the buggers but apparently can suck the life out of your face in the process.

KookSpook Wed 23-Nov-16 10:23:54

Eyelid lift.

But in reality I would put it towards a car.

SeasonalVag Wed 23-Nov-16 10:24:28

I'm not overly focussed on my appearance, not really interested in anything that will need ongong maintenance. This is a one off splurge. Actually just want my lines to disappear - my skins very clear and still fairly luminious.

Im North West.

Jmangel Wed 23-Nov-16 10:27:57

Yes, think the downtime with laser could be hard. I've never had it as don't have pigmentation (also Celtic skin here - would love a freckle instead of ruddiness!) -- currently just having Voluma in cheeks every 18 months. I have had Botox in the past but found that it made sagging worse so think it really needs to be combined with filler.
I've had good results with facial yoga and also a Dermawand that I got off amazon. Forgot to mention that.

Jmangel Wed 23-Nov-16 10:30:23

Ooh Northwest - well Dr Saleh in Cheadle, Cheshire is excellent as is Jonquille Chantry in Alderley Edge. There's an excellent girl called Tracy Bell in Liverpool that I've heard good things about too.

Jointhejoyrun75 Wed 23-Nov-16 10:41:59

Oh no - don't say that about running! I am an avid runner and have not seen any slack faces. I also am vigilant about using sunscreen.

Fintress Wed 23-Nov-16 10:43:31

I would go for a consultation and see what theu suggest. Someone mentioned a peel, I have never had ine bit apparently good results but you want to focus on your eyes more?

My friend inadvertently had a peel when high end cosmetic company changed the ingredients in a moisturiser she had used for donkeys years. She developed an allergic reaction and it had the effect of having a peel. She had really bad facial wrinkles and my god when her face healed her skin was absolutely amazing. I couldn't believe the difference in her wrinkles (and they were bad).

Jmangel Wed 23-Nov-16 10:55:51

Sorry for the running scaremongering - the damage starts to show around the 40 plus mark. A friend of mine has ran marathons throughout her life and glowed through 20s and 30s but now at 45 looks like a shar pei.
Ooh forgot my best tip - don't be underweight - I've ironed quite a few lines and sagging out by putting on half a stone.

Megainstant Wed 23-Nov-16 11:02:41

I am 50 and most of the women I run with are 50+

they all look fab - I have to say the very thin ones DO look a bit haggard but I think that's lack of padding rather than running!

efeslight Wed 23-Nov-16 21:20:37

Just googled Dermawand, and it sounds interesting.
Would love to know how it works, and if its any good. 150 pounds sounds expensive, but a basic facial must be at least £50. Do you have to buy products separately ?

swooosh Wed 23-Nov-16 21:22:30

What about a lower blephroplasty? I work in plastic surgery and this is the one surgery that looks AMAZING instantly, it makes a huge difference and people will notice you look 'fresher' but won't think you've had surgery.

swooosh Wed 23-Nov-16 21:23:02

Sorry just reread your OP and seen you're already saving for it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now