Talk

Advanced search

What would be your ideal long-haul flight outfit...?

(9 Posts)
Lumpylumperson Wed 23-Nov-16 00:48:09

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

N0tfinished Wed 23-Nov-16 01:12:36

I'd wear hush-style stuff I think. Loose but stylish top, harems or leggings/treggings in a good quality natural fabric. Cashmere cardi

Catinthecorner Wed 23-Nov-16 01:46:44

Winter or summer?

Summer - soft sports bra, lightweight, elastic waisted trousers/maxi skirt and vest top/t or soft maxi dress. Scarf, jacket and socks (either wearing or in hand luggage).

Winter - leggings, boots, long vest and soft jersey/knit dress.

I'll usually have accessories so I look less bag lady in the airport but will take off belts, etc on the flight. I usually also take off my shoes and pop on a thick pair of socks. Oh and I wear contacts but will often travel in my specs and switch when I arrive.

Drink water - take an empty bottle trough customs and fill up in the airport. If you can stand to travel make up free do it and moisturise on the flight (I have adult acne so hate to do this during a flare up).

OlennasWimple Wed 23-Nov-16 02:11:02

Layers, including a pashmina (they might be unfashionable elsewhere now, but on a plane they are fabulous if you find yourself sitting in a draft, spill something down your front or need to add some oomph to your pillow)

When you get on the plane, take off your make up and moisturise really well. put makeup in the seat pocket so that when you start to descend you can put it on - remember the pressure can make liquids jump out of their tubes when you take the lid off (see earlier comment about things spilling down your front...). Keep it simple, not over made up

drink enough water to stay hydrated but without needing to frequent the loo too often wink

ChopsticksandChilliCrab Wed 23-Nov-16 02:44:03

I wear a fleecy gilet so I am warm but not too warm, plus comfortable trousers and a three quarter arm length top. I always fly in flip flops, so I don't have to take my shoes off for security. Standard for Dubai/Hong Kong, might raise an eyebrow in Heathrow but who cares.

I carry a change of clothes plus a zip lock bag with moisturising wet wipes (useful for face, nose, wiping up in general), lip balm, comb, toothbrush and paste (v small) (don't use the plane bathroom to brush your teeth- v unhygienic- just get some bottled water to wet brush, brush teeth and swallow the water, like the astronauts do). None of this takes up much space so I travel light and feel fresh when I arrive.

Kirriemuir Wed 23-Nov-16 07:20:08

Anything dark and comfy to be honest. Then lipsalve a moisturisers tooth brush and toothpaste.

waitingforgodot Wed 23-Nov-16 07:41:40

I travel in layers especially if going from UK to warmer parts in winter. I have a big blanket scarf which I wear as a scarf to the airport and use as a blanket on the plane smile

BabyGanoush Wed 23-Nov-16 07:45:08

My hush harems and a cotton tee, cotton hoodie/cardi and oversized cashmere or merino scarf, trainers or uggs.

Have done lots of long haul. sad hate it.

Wear natural fibres whatever you do!

RavioliOnToast Wed 23-Nov-16 07:57:30

Pyjamas grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now