Not another skinny jeans thread... 'proper' denim?

(9 Posts)
TheDisreputableDog Mon 21-Nov-16 22:55:07

My last pair of TopShop Baxter skinnies have finally bitten the dust. I can't seem to find any skinnies that aren't jeggings/super stretchy. I just want some 'real' denim ones, the kind you have to wiggle into when freshly washed... any suggestions?

Florathefern Tue 22-Nov-16 00:25:17

Have you tried Warehouse jeans? I bought a pair and they remind me of my old jeans. They are much thicker and I find them more flattering.

TheDisreputableDog Tue 22-Nov-16 18:07:52

Thanks Flora, I did have some from Warehouse last year but they were the stretchy kind. Had a look today and tried some 'true skinny' jeans in from Gap, have to say they were pretty good, still a bit stretchy but much thicker. Will look at Warehouse too.

cauliwobbles Tue 22-Nov-16 18:11:19

Hush Joplin are really lovely.

Colby43443 Tue 22-Nov-16 18:13:09

Gaps authentic range are ok but still a bit stretchy. I find expensive brands better here but who wants to spend £200 on a pair of jeans.

BeastofCraggyIsland Tue 22-Nov-16 20:26:10

Watching this with interest as I love(d) my Baxters! I had 4 pairs (2 black, 1 grey and 1 blue) but am down to just the grey and one black pair now which I keep for 'good' as I can't replace them. They are the most flattering skinnies I've ever found, I was gutted when I realised they had stopped making them. I bought a couple of pairs of Jamies and they're ok, but not nearly as good as the Baxters.

RatOnnaStick Tue 22-Nov-16 20:28:41

I gave up with high street jeans and went back to good old Levis for nice thick structured denim. I'm currently wearing some black 311s which stay up, stay in shape and feel dead comfy.

eurochick Tue 22-Nov-16 20:41:16

Oasis Cherries fit your bill.

moomoogalicious Tue 22-Nov-16 20:45:53

Another vote for oasis cherry. Proper denim, none of that thin stretchy stuff

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now