Talk

Advanced search

Wearing a wig while growing out a pixie crop

(8 Posts)
whattimestea Mon 21-Nov-16 21:16:24

I'm currently mid way through growing out a pixie cut. It's now getting to "that stage" and I can't do a thing with it. I have very thick hair and it has to grow outwards before it grows down so it's sticking out in all directions at the minute. It also doesn't tend to style well if it's anything shorter than a bob but longer than a super short crop.
I've got some Christmas parties coming up and also a weekend away with friends in the new year and to be honest I'm dreading the fight I'll have with my hair to look decent - knowing full well I won't manage it!
I'm seriously considering buying a wig to wear when I have an occasion to go to just to see me through this growing out stage. I've looked online and whilst there are some awful looking wigs some look really lovely and I'm tempted to buy one.
Is this a good idea? And has anyone got any good makes or websites they could suggest or anything I should know or consider before I buy anything?

DrScholl Mon 21-Nov-16 21:16:43

PIC needed

WickedBadZoot Mon 21-Nov-16 21:19:22

I'm doing the exact same thing, my hair looks horrific but I really don't want another crop at the moment.

Lush Wigs have some beautiful ones and the ones I've had from them are brilliant quality.
People who don't know it's a wig always compliment me and are really surprised when I say it's a wig.

milkjetmum Mon 21-Nov-16 21:20:37

What about ultra trendy head scarf wrap with just hair peeking out?

whattimestea Mon 21-Nov-16 21:27:29

I thought about a scarf but I'm not that trendy anymore unfortunately. That's another issue really too. I seem to have lost myself somewhere along the way. Not that many years ago I was alot happier with my figure, I was much more fashion savvy and just seemed to know what to wear and had confidence in my decisions and had a bit of flair. Now I second guess myself constantly and play it safe (i.e boring!) all the time. I'll have a look at Lush wigs though, thanks for the suggestion.

abear Mon 21-Nov-16 21:44:03

When my hair was at that stage I had clips like mini (very small), crocodile clips (don't know correct name), from Accessorize, and used to twist my hair back in sections away from my face towards the back of my head, and hold each one in place with the clip if that makes any sense. About five for the whole head.

PuertoVallarta Mon 21-Nov-16 23:05:06

If you are in the U.K., Simply Wigs is great to order from. The wigs look a little frumpy in their videos, but that's just because they are straight out of the box with no brushing or anything. Look at the customer pics to see how cute they are.

I wear a wig daily for medical reasons. I'm almost never called out, and if I am, it's because someone recognizes the style and color name. grin I always wear synthetic and my hair looks great every day.

PinkiePiesCupcakes Mon 21-Nov-16 23:09:54

I bought a wig from amazon, I'll find a link, it was long enough to style to what you like, looked real enough etc. Was only £15, might be worth a grab to see how you get on?

www.amazon.co.uk/MelodySusie®-Dark-Brown-Curly-Wigs/dp/B008JAR362/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1479769723&sr=8-1&keywords=Wigs

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now