Home hair removal IPL for Face...any experience of these home devices??

(9 Posts)
Wheelycote Sun 20-Nov-16 16:40:58

Have a mixture of coarse dark and light hair on chin. I pluck everyday and very self conscious and also dark and light hairs on my top lip.

Ive had both the Philips lumea and SmoothSkin skin recommended but theyre not cheap.

Has anyone got them?, do they work?

Crervan Sun 20-Nov-16 21:29:14

I'm interested in responses to this too, Ive got PCOS and a very hairy face as a result, dark thick hairs on neck and finer in lips and cheeks. Are these devices any good? Am prepared to pay for one but wondering if they are effective with my type of hair.

ELR Sun 20-Nov-16 21:56:15

I'm also interested so far I e spent around £1800 on IPL laser hair removal at a salon it's worked well on legs, bikini and under arms but face has not been amazing it's good as in a massive improvement but not great. I don't see how a hand held device can be better than a salon but more than happy to be told otherwise!

MissWimpyDimple Sun 20-Nov-16 22:28:18

I have the lumea and it is amazing. Has worked a treat on my chin. Had previously tried literally everything.

It's not permanent as such but now as long as I do about once a month (and it literally takes seconds) it's fine.

Has also all but eradicated armpits and stray bikini line too.

Can honestly say it has changed my life.

MissWimpyDimple Sun 20-Nov-16 22:28:49

I have the precision plus with the extra face attachment.

PaniWahine Sun 20-Nov-16 23:18:00

I've got the smooth skin.

Didn't work - I have to closet myself in the bedroom to epilate my chin and neck every morning while DH feeds Cat1 and Cat2

I hate PCOS

joangray38 Mon 21-Nov-16 02:46:47

I bought the lumea comfort from eBay it was around £90.

joangray38 Mon 21-Nov-16 02:48:04

Wretched pop ups . I am using it on my tache and chin and it it working.

NoSuchThingAsThePerfectParent Mon 21-Nov-16 03:05:34

WARNING if you buy the Lumea you have to charge it every 3-4 months whether you've used it or not. Or it dies and can't be repaired.

It's a tiny hidden instruction in the manual and doesn't offer any explanation as to why. I've learned the expensive hard way.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now