Dress size

(13 Posts)
CountryLifeMummy Sun 20-Nov-16 11:54:07

What dress size do you think is the "best"?
I have been an 8 for years but now I'm in my 30s a 10 is so much easier to maintain and I'm happy with that.
I think my friend who is a 12 looks amazing- tall and perfect curves.

VikingVolva Sun 20-Nov-16 12:07:47

As they vary between makes (and in my case through the years as I've had some things in my wardrobe for yonks) I just don't see that this is a question that can be answered.

Nor is size necessarily the key determinant of appearance/style/confidence etc

CountryLifeMummy Sun 20-Nov-16 12:12:42

You're right. I have suffered with ed and wanted a little confidence boost that different people prefer different sizes! Sorry if it came across as shallow

Five2ate Sun 20-Nov-16 12:13:56

Surely it depends on the individual? Height, frame, age, how that person feels?

It's all subjective

Thefitfatty Sun 20-Nov-16 12:14:21

I would say it's dependent on where you feel healthiest and most confident?

I don't think there is a holy grail of dress size, nor should there be.... Someone can look amazing at a size 16 and horrid in a size 8 or vice versa.

Bluntness100 Sun 20-Nov-16 12:16:15

There is no best dress size, it's about the individual, being healthy, fit and not extreme either side, be it too thin or too fat, past that it's all good.

BusterGonad Mon 21-Nov-16 09:44:27

It's a bizarre question and a bit silly. Im 5 10 and would look like some kind of meth addict at a size 8. Women's body's aren't one size fits all, I know that's what the media leads us to believe but it's just not true. I look best at the size I'm happiest, be it a 12,14 or 22. If I'm smiling and enjoying my life then I couldn't give a shit about the label on my dress. I've been an extreme dieter and it's a waste of your life. You need to learn that your happiness doesn't depend on your dress size.

Dowser Mon 21-Nov-16 10:00:54

If you are in a constant battle with your body to maintain a size 8 by skipping meals , not getting enough good nutrients. You're not going to be healthy and you'll start to look unhealthy.

Feed your body well with good food and it will naturally maintain a good shape.

That...I feel is the crux of your problem.

When I was 16 I had a 25 inch waist and I thought I was fat. What a waste of a life ...eh?
Don't do what I did.

BusterGonad Mon 21-Nov-16 10:34:59

Couldn't agree more Dowser.

Thefitfatty Mon 21-Nov-16 10:38:59

Feed your body well with good food and it will naturally maintain a good shape.

Very true, but keep in mind "a good shape" doesn't always mean skinny.

PNGirl Mon 21-Nov-16 19:35:45

For me, personally, it's a 12. I'm 5'3 with wide shoulders and chunky upper arms but I look ok when my bottom half is a bit curvy too. When I was an 8 to 10 I still had the arms and shoulders but no bum or hips. Like the Looney Tunes Tasmanian Devil!

Colby43443 Mon 21-Nov-16 23:02:28

For me it's a 14 hip (which makes me a 10 bust/waist).

Judydreamsofhorses Mon 21-Nov-16 23:10:39

Surely it depends on the person? My body is "right" at a 10/12, my friend's is "right" at a 16.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now