Talk

Advanced search

Jk Rowling's transformation

(49 Posts)
retainertrainer Sat 19-Nov-16 18:56:53

Just looking at pictures of her at a recent premiere and she just looks glorious. It's obviously down to money but what's she had done do you think? I want some of it! Shame I haven't got her bank balance but is there anything us mere mortals can do to look a bit fresher,youthful,vibrant?

retainertrainer Sat 19-Nov-16 18:58:10

You can see the difference a damn good cut,colour and blow dry makes!

Trooperslane Sat 19-Nov-16 18:59:53

Sorry op but that's balls.

A shite pic from years ago vs a premiere?

Of course it's a great blow dry. Anyone who could afford the money or the time would do the same.

Trooperslane Sat 19-Nov-16 19:00:44

<daily mail sidebar alert 🙄>

BestIsWest Sat 19-Nov-16 19:01:31

I don't actually think she's had anything done. Just good make up and hair. She always does look lovely.

NapQueen Sat 19-Nov-16 19:03:02

I reckon regualr facials, a great team for prepping before awards/tv shows, and enough money to eat well and very healthily.

She has never looked bad!

wobblywonderwoman Sat 19-Nov-16 19:06:34

Ooh, she is beautiful

I would say it's just a the blow dry and really good quality make up. She is naturally pretty isn't she.

retainertrainer Sat 19-Nov-16 19:09:53

Trooper-obviously it's a shite picture from years ago vs a premiere,I don't know what's 'balls' about it,just asking how you get that lovely,glossy,put together look and yes I was reading a daily mail article but you must had read it too so I don't see the need for an 'alert',it's not hurting anyone.

Thanks for the other replies. I really need to take better care of my skin,I've never had a facial.

retainertrainer Sat 19-Nov-16 19:10:26

She's beautiful isn't she.

Bertucci Sat 19-Nov-16 19:12:58

Wow - she does look fab now.

A bit of Botox there - when done well it makes people look so much fresher.

bruffin Sat 19-Nov-16 19:14:25

I was at the premiere and she looked amazing.

ChardonnayKnickertonSmythe Sat 19-Nov-16 19:15:11

I don't think she changed all that much TBH. She looks great.
Of course she looks glossier than she used to before, but good for her.

Artandco Sat 19-Nov-16 19:16:34

Better food I would say. Being able to afford good healthy Ingredients. Your skin will look different eating eggs, salmon and watermelon for breakfast compared to a slice of toast

retainertrainer Sat 19-Nov-16 19:18:02

Right so I need facials,a better diet (I'm working on this!) and a decent cut and blow dry.

HarryPottersMagicWand Sat 19-Nov-16 19:32:58

Great quality make up and looking after her skin I'd say. Plus her hair looks lively. Mine isn't great but I've found a difference with a decent cleansing routine and getting some better make up. And actually blow drying my hair rather than leaving it to dry naturally and not bothering to do anything with it.

missyB1 Sat 19-Nov-16 19:34:20

Im confused, which picture are you so impressed with? Not the one where she looks plastic surely??!

She looks lovely in the one where she's holding a book, naturally pretty.

retainertrainer Sat 19-Nov-16 19:38:27

Missy-sorry to confuse you,she does look lovely in the first picture but we're talking about the second one.

retainertrainer Sat 19-Nov-16 19:39:51

I think I should invest in better quality make up. I wear high street stuff but maybe a high end foundation would help my skin out.

Shiningexample Sat 19-Nov-16 19:42:52

of course she's had work done, they all have, obviously botox and fillers, very likely a touch of surgery

neveradullmoment99 Sat 19-Nov-16 19:44:58

I agree. She looks naturally pretty in the first one and completely fake and plastic in the second one. I agree the wrinkles are not there but she looks more mature in the second one.

unweavedrainbow Sat 19-Nov-16 19:51:16

umm if the first pic is from the GoF launch date then that picture is nearly 20 years old. Of course she looked "more mature" at the premiere...

TheSpottedZebra Sat 19-Nov-16 19:51:37

Oh come on, her eyes are tighter. So a little lift somewhere, I'd say.

winnybella Sat 19-Nov-16 19:53:03

What missy said.
It's not a better diet and expensive highlights.
It's a bit sad when women believe that they could dramatically change their looks if only they ate more healthily/ used better creams etc ( as that's all most of the celebrities will admit to doing) and then they feel shit about themselves when they can't manage/afford that ( or when they can but then it turns out all the salmon in the world won't give you super smooth/ tight skin/ plump cheekbones etc)

JustSpeakSense Sat 19-Nov-16 19:58:00

Another before fame and after (Rihanna)

With the money and time to invest in ourselves we can all do it ladies grin

<shuffles off to open a bottle of red and bag of crisps>

TheCountessofFitzdotterel Sat 19-Nov-16 20:00:44

She's clearly cast a Youthfullius Glowius spell.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now