Gorgeous Foundation needed

(14 Posts)
Yoyoyopo Sat 19-Nov-16 18:32:35

I've got to that time of year again

Summer face naked or BB cream spring and autumn CC cream and winter foundation....

The last couple of years I've used Chanel lift lumiere and I really like it but wondered if there was anything even better?

I'm 45 normal skin I need a good coverage and complexion brightening really and I'll be happy

ideas of what other people love v gratefully received 😁

FrustratedFrugal Sat 19-Nov-16 19:55:02

I've used Lift Lumiere in the past, and gone barefaced /used BB cream or a cushion compact in summer. I have now moved on to Sensai Total Finish compact foundation. I'm not very wrinkly, it is brightening and blurring and makes my skin look really good, great coverage.

Gillybobs Sat 19-Nov-16 21:06:51

I usually stick to Chanel or Estée Lauder for foundation but was recently persuaded to try this and have been very impressed. Great coverage and a slightly dewy finish, lasts well too. There's 20pc off codes around now too www.marksandspencer.com/all-in-one-foundation-and-concealer-30ml/p/p22458812?prevPage=plp#bvHeader

wobblywonderwoman Sat 19-Nov-16 21:09:14

I was passing a Dior counter recently and tried a new foundation a compact with a springy pad - do not know the specific name. It was lovely and I am hoping to treat myself.

BillyDaveysDaughter Sat 19-Nov-16 21:14:54

I've tried most high street brands and colour matching services, and mid range stuff like clinique and arbonne...but by far my favourite is the Bobbi Brown super moisture range. Mid coverage, goes on beautifully and brightens my rather dull, dry skin.

Yoyoyopo Sat 19-Nov-16 23:08:56

Oo thank you! I'll take a look at the Dior Bobbi brown (which sounds lovely) n m&s + Sensai if I can find it around here

As for m&s am I going to curse refusing to buy an advent calendar >.<

Lululooselips Sun 20-Nov-16 02:31:40

Guerlain Lingerie De Peau or Laura Mercier Candleglow Foundation

VintagePerfumista Sun 20-Nov-16 12:08:32

I am currently mixing Chanel Les Beiges (as a kind of base layer) for coverage (though it isn't cakey) and then Maybelline Satin Liquid on top for a smooth glow. It's bloody brilliant.

I will probably go back to Vitalumiere or Lift Lumiere at Christmas, but never being without the Maybelline again.

VintagePerfumista Sun 20-Nov-16 12:09:10

(I find it similar to the Luminous silk Armani tbh- except it's about £7!)

BusterGonad Mon 21-Nov-16 10:00:11

I use Diorskin Star. I've tried quite a few foundations over the years and this one suits me but I cannot Compare it to Chanel as I've not tried their foundation as yet.

AndShesGone Mon 21-Nov-16 12:26:23

The new Chanel Sublimage is very glowey as it's got diamonds in - totally loving it at the moment.

MrsMarigold Mon 21-Nov-16 14:46:22

Chantecaille do the loveliest foundation ever but it is £60

Bluntness100 Mon 21-Nov-16 14:50:09

Chanel lumiere velvet when I need more coverage and Chanel lumiere tendre when I want something lighter. I also use Chanel les beiges powder on my t zone and chin just to set it and don't touch my cheeks etc to keep it dewy. Lasts all day. And makes me look like I'm actually human and not the grey beast from hell.

Fanofjapan Mon 21-Nov-16 14:53:50

Clarins BB is lovely, very light and dewy, but covers well. It's about £30.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now