perimenopausal and I HUM- Mitchum not working for me anymore

(21 Posts)
Gatekeeper Sat 19-Nov-16 09:55:39

It's not that I am sweating buckets but more that my sweat smells more. Very B.O ey and almost like meat pies blush

I eat lots of veg and fruit and drink water etc but for the last six months I've ponged. Tried crystal stick/pitrock and also using anti bac soap a couple of days but nothing seems to work. I always wear natural fibres

HELP! any suggestions please

dementedma Sat 19-Nov-16 10:01:01

As I swear by Mitchum roll on I'm afraid I can't help!

RatOnnaStick Sat 19-Nov-16 10:03:42

Sure Maximum Protection stick Only thing that works for me anymore. Far better than any other spray or roll on.

TheSpottedZebra Sat 19-Nov-16 10:46:10

Nivea stress protection spray. It's my go to at the mo, and I've always been, er, a sweaty Betty. I fear the day that I become immune to it.

kittybiscuits Sat 19-Nov-16 10:48:12

Mitchum stopped working for me. I have been using Bionsen crystal for a few years now and I get on fine with it.

belizabus Sat 19-Nov-16 11:19:34

I agree that Sure Maximum Protection is great. I wash with Cidal anti bacterial soap every day. I put a capful of Zoflora in the fabric softener drawer when I wash my tops as I wash at 40 degrees which isn't hot enough to get rid of smells. BO was the worst thing about peri-menopause for me, I hated smelling.

LadyOfTheCanyon Sat 19-Nov-16 11:31:49

Some medications can affect the smell of BO- is that something to consider?
Another one for Mitchum here so no help, sorry.

Bolshybookworm Sat 19-Nov-16 11:58:40

Driclor. You leave it on overnight then wash it off in the morning. Stops me sweating for about 2 weeks. Itchy as hell when it's on but worth it as it allows me to live without my arms clamped to my sides. Also means my tops last for longer than a year 😬

Bloopbleep Sat 19-Nov-16 12:00:41

Driclor still left me pongy just not as bad. The best stuff I've tried recently is actually lush charcoal powder deodorant (can't remember it's exact name) - requires washing daily but apply couple of times a day and no bo

Monkeyface26 Sat 19-Nov-16 12:04:54

Antibacterial hand gel under the arms if you need a freshen up while on the move. V effective.
Also Dettol laundry cleanser liquid in the fabric softener bit of washing machine instead of comfort etc will clear any lingering smells even on a cold wash cycle?

JanetStWalker Sat 19-Nov-16 12:57:13

I find mens' antiperspirant works much better on me, always have.

Gatekeeper Sun 20-Nov-16 13:30:23

i've tried driclor and I still ponged with it and it made my armpits dreadfully sore

Bought some Sure Maximum Protection yesterday- the stress control one as i liked the smell best of all. Applied a decent amount this morning so we shall see if it passes the hum test ;later

Gatekeeper Sun 20-Nov-16 13:31:29

actually I've just stuck my nose into my armpit and it still smells nice and clean smile 5.5 hours later

PUGaLUGS Sun 20-Nov-16 13:50:22

I now use Dove roll on. Works a treat. Mitchum no longer works for me.

RatOnnaStick Sun 20-Nov-16 17:10:08

So far so good then? You get the best results if you put the Sure on after a shower or bath in the evening and it does something overnight.

Lovelybangers Sun 20-Nov-16 17:57:58

Regular antiperspirants don't seem to work for me at the moment.

So I am using one of the crystal type deodorants - I still sweat but it doesn't smell. I do smell after a run - but I would whatever I used then anyway.

this one deodorant

Fluffycloudland77 Sun 20-Nov-16 18:39:08

You can have Botox in the sweat glands, lasts months.

Tessticklesyourfancy Sun 20-Nov-16 22:30:59

I suddenly got niffy, I use Mitchum roll on. I've found I need to be extra thorough when bathing/showering. I use body wash under my arms then a good scrub I use soap and a flannel. It's fine now, no more pong. blush I still use Mitchum morning and night but I was really surprised how much scrubbing I had to do to make sure I was fresh smelling. I couldn't jump in the shower and have a quick once over with shower gel any more.

Crervan Sun 20-Nov-16 22:34:55

I can't recommend enough 'Amplex'. I am a very sweaty person, used to use Mitchum and Dove extra, but this stuff beats them all. I get it from Wilkos, only 85p. Non sticky, smelly itchy, def worth a go.

Gatekeeper Mon 21-Nov-16 12:05:15

Sure stuff works ...I was on a rolling boil and then a simmer all last night despite it being freezing in the bedroom. I 'slept' naked on top of the bed with the window open (poor dh had his hat on!) and awoke looking like a sea monster- however my armpits were still very reasonable grin

CallarMorvern Tue 22-Nov-16 00:09:26

I've found cleaning with proper soap and a flannel best, shower gels and the like are hopeless. Then my new best find is Lidl Ciel 48hr roll on deodorant, it's only 50 something pence and is really effective. I clean the armpits of my t-shirts ( especially gym tops) with a spray of stain remover.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now