Leather leggings/trousers - leather ponte mix or hold out for full leather?

(9 Posts)
VeryPunny Fri 18-Nov-16 07:29:35

I want to buy some leather leggings but am being put off by the price.... However I have seen some nice leather/ponte mix ones in M&S, for which I have a 20% off voucher. The alternative is holding out for either Hush or Baukjen full leather ones to appear in the sales.

Any opinions, o glamorous ones?

botemp Fri 18-Nov-16 07:41:27

H&M usually have decent leather leggings/trousers in the £150-200 range but sell out quick, currently these are available in all sizes, there's a few other models on the site that only have a few sizes left (larger sizes mostly).

libertydoddle Fri 18-Nov-16 08:05:57

very ask on the Vogue thread. I'm sure a couple of the regulars on there have either tried or bought those M&S ones.

Floisme Fri 18-Nov-16 09:17:31

I actually think I might prefer that. I've tried (fake) leather leggings and really disliked the all-over sheen. Breaking breaking up the leather with something matte sounds like a good plan to me.

On the downside, there's probably a risk that the ponte will bobble.

Dulcimena Fri 18-Nov-16 09:31:40

I have the mix ones, a pair popped up in the sale locally a few years ago. I like them and for me anyway they were a better call than all leather because my weight tends to fluctuate a bit. Half a stone makes a big difference to my thighs and the ponte means they're more flexible. Haven't had any bobbling on mine but I don't wear them on heavy rotation tbh.

Nettletheelf Fri 18-Nov-16 14:35:42

The half ponte ones have a bit more 'give' than the full leather ones, so the knees go less baggy.

Pisssssedofff Fri 18-Nov-16 14:58:03

Hush and Baukjen ones haven't been on sale in two years. I wished I'd bought them two years and enjoyed wearing them

VeryPunny Fri 18-Nov-16 19:01:56

Thanks all - I did think it was a bit optimistic to expect the full leather ones to be in the sale. Anyway, a pair of the M&S ones are winging their way to me now. Worth a punt for 20% off.

Nettletheelf Fri 18-Nov-16 19:12:10

The M&S ones are great. I've got them. You did well there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now