Talk

Advanced search

Those hair brush straightner things...

(16 Posts)
ConkerTriumphant Thu 17-Nov-16 20:31:13

I don't do hair. I have a pixie!

But I have teenage daughters and the straighteners have just given up the ghost.

Do any of you recommend the hairbrush type straighteners? I know I sound incompetent

ThisIsNotARealAvo Thu 17-Nov-16 20:40:01

Watching hopefully as dd and I both have out of control hair and I'm always looking for things that might help. Straighteners work fine but wondering if one of these might be better.

TiddlesUpATree Thu 17-Nov-16 20:44:09

I have some. They're pretty good. Not as good as straighteners but much quicker and it's impossible to burn your fingers on them which is a bonus as I'm totally hopeless with this stuff. Didn't go for the mega cheapy ones as the reviews on Amazon had horror stories.

Redglitter Thu 17-Nov-16 20:46:21

I got one for my birthday and love it. It's not as poker straight as my ghds but it's lots faster. I've bought one for my niece for her Christmas - she loves mine

youngestisapsycho Thu 17-Nov-16 20:50:28

Tiddles and Redglitter... what makes do you have?

Feefeefs Thu 17-Nov-16 20:55:11

I have one not mad on it. Hair somehow looks a bit flatter than with straighteners. They are quicker if hair is really curly to start with but if "fixing" or "going over" blow dried hair not much good. I wouldn't bother.

Redglitter Thu 17-Nov-16 20:58:09

I've got the JML one

TiddlesUpATree Thu 17-Nov-16 21:33:01

Mine was the asavea one from Amazon. Around £36.

WhooooAmI24601 Thu 17-Nov-16 22:18:07

Load of crap. I bought the JML one when it was all over Facebook as a revolutionary product to stop me going to work looking like Sideshow Bob each day.

If you're looking for straighteners the Cloud 9 ones are amazing. I'd even go so far as to say they're better than GHD's and that's a Big Deal when you have Bee Gee hair like mine.

Queenofthecats Thu 17-Nov-16 22:46:17

Only really heard bad things about them but just brought MIL the babyliss ones for Christmas. I also brought her the JML ones for her birthday in July but she wanted to wait until she had her waist length hair cut before she used them. BILs girlfriend borrowed them and somehow lost them before anyone had used them hmm so no idea what they're like.

ilovecherries Thu 17-Nov-16 22:57:04

I've been using the AsaVea ones from Amazon for 6 months, and I love it. It's one of the few hair things that I've had that I'd immediately replace if it stopped working.

NoSuchThingAsThePerfectParent Fri 18-Nov-16 07:43:27

I thought the adverts for the heated brushes show an end result which doesn't look all that straight. If you really look closely you can see some frizz or kinks all over, and it doesn't sit as flat as straighteners can. For that reason I wonder if it's better for your hair? I wonder be buying them as I use the straightened to actually do a nice wave for special occasions.

StewardsEnquiry Fri 18-Nov-16 09:43:03

I have one from QVC. I was really sceptical but thought I'd try it as they do 30 day money back guarantee. I love it and immediately ditched my Babyliss BH and GHDs. It is loads quicker and is silent unlike BBH. I have a wavy bob so what I do is blast my hair dry with the drier then brush my hair with the heated brush in layers until it is straight. I put the brush under the hair rather than on top then I can turn the ends under. It works really well!

MsUnderstanding Fri 18-Nov-16 11:19:27

I have this one. I don't like the "glued to your head" hair look you get with straighteners so it suits me just fine.

PuppyMonkey Fri 18-Nov-16 11:25:10

Have seen some reviews where they say because you can't achieve the same tension as straighteners with a brush, it's impossible to get the same sleek look. And while the top is ok, the ends look very frizzy, like you have split ends. So that put me off buying tbh.

ConkerTriumphant Fri 18-Nov-16 22:04:36

Thanks everyone. Such mixed reviews!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now