Talk

Advanced search

Maternity wear help

(9 Posts)
NannyW Thu 17-Nov-16 18:58:32

I am looking for a bit of advice about where to look for maternity wear.I have just sent a whole load of stuff back from asos after being disappointed with everything i’ve ordered expect one red jumper.

I was really looking for some petite (so shorter in the leg) black skinny jeans, under or over bump although currently wearing under the bump denim jeans and coping well with them. The pair I got from asos just felt like they were going to fall down though.

I am also looking for some dresses to wear over the festive season that I can grow into that are not ‘wrap’ dresses as I just cannot make myself like the way they look! Something that isn’t too short or that I can wear with black tights is preferable.

I am only 15 weeks but can hardly fit into my current dresses due to them feeling too tight across my bust and I do have a noticeable bump already.

I am 5’4, size 12, pale with dark hair. I also have large boobs, 32E/F and growing!

TIA

Pantsalive Thu 17-Nov-16 21:09:28

The Asda maternity range is good for basics
http://direct.asda.com/george/womens/maternity-clothes/D1M1G20C19,default,sc.html?start=40&sz=20

1frenchfoodie Thu 17-Nov-16 22:11:55

I was 25 weeks pregnant this time last year and practically lived in H&M skinny over bump jeans, the fit was great and they were so cozy. Dress wise I did get a stretchy wrap dress for the final months but otherwise just went with the looser stuff in my wardrobe so I'm no help there.

puglife15 Thu 17-Nov-16 22:16:52

H&M and Topshop plus stuff from regular ranges a size up. Found ASOS useless.

puglife15 Thu 17-Nov-16 22:22:27

m.topshop.com/en/tsuk/product/materntiy-petite-joni-jean-5449704

m.topshop.com/en/tsuk/product/maternity-twist-front-bodycon-dress-6087331

MrsNuckyThompson Thu 17-Nov-16 22:29:27

I got this from JoJo in the black. I am tall and it is really short on so I've been wearing it as a tunic with leggings but if you're shorter it might work well. Not a wrap and very flattering :

http://www.jojomamanbebe.co.uk/maternity-nursing-keyhole-dress-d5448.html?gclid=CJz3wZ3rsNACFccy0wod_fQPCA

NannyW Fri 18-Nov-16 15:37:20

Thanks for the thoughts smile I like that dress MrsNuckyThompson it isn’t too expensive either!

Will check out Asda...do they have things in store do you know?

Other people have recommended H&M to me too, def need to check there out.

Thank you

hecallsmebunny Fri 18-Nov-16 21:00:48

I also liked H&M over bump jeans

Purpless on eBay or Amazon good for stretchy tops and do some dresses too. Can start to look scruffy after multiple washes but for the duration of maternity the few things I had looked good and were comfortable!

dontcallmelen Fri 18-Nov-16 21:04:54

Yy asos jeans also topshop, my dd bought some nice stuff from H&M.
Seraphine also have a good range but can be pricey.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now