New pair of functional but stylish boots

(11 Posts)
ofhorse Thu 17-Nov-16 11:22:09

I didn’t spend money on last year’s winter boots and they are leaking this morning…
Looking for inspiration for new winter boots but preferably not knee high.
They need to be functional but stylish … and a bit cool?? I wear mostly skinny or straight leg jeans with big jumpers and scarfs. So need to match that look…
Any inspiration for me? Budget is max £100….

OCSockOrphanage Thu 17-Nov-16 11:47:37

The Torygraph did a feature on this yesterday: Sorel a bit above your budget, or LL Bean/ Lands End. It's worth a look.

ofhorse Thu 17-Nov-16 12:08:33

Thanks - i'll check it out!

Sonotkylie Thu 17-Nov-16 18:31:51

Really recommend Clarks Faralyn Rise. I have in khaki. Very warm and comfy. I think they are great with skinnies. I've never worn biker boot types before but these are great. Well within budget too

Candlelight123 Thu 17-Nov-16 19:47:06

I have clarks faralyn rise, I thought they were fab, but realised after walking a cookie of mins the zip on the outside keeps slipping down on one shoe. Very annoying naught take them back.

ofhorse Fri 18-Nov-16 12:05:09

Ooh that's annoying about the zip! Hate that!

ChinUpChestOut Fri 18-Nov-16 17:04:26

How about these from M & S? £45, and would go perfectly with skinnies and big jumpers. I'm thinking of getting them myself but already have a similar pair in brown that I wear every day when walking the dog. I can't get black as well, can I? Or can I?

<<goes off to ponder how to smuggle them in to the house>>

Banderchang Fri 18-Nov-16 17:05:32

Hotter do slouchy boots called Mystery in a range of colours

Booboobedoo Fri 18-Nov-16 17:05:41

Have a look at the FlyLondon website: fab stuff on there.

whirlwinds Fri 18-Nov-16 17:07:38

Have a similar style as you and went with Cats this year, really looks good with the skinny jeans and big jumpers and scarfs style.

HardcoreLadyType Fri 18-Nov-16 17:16:26

Dr Martens have Chelsea boots and biker-ish boots for a big more than your budget - between £110 and £130.

The thing is, I have had the same pair for three or four years now, still going strong, lovely and waterproof, and good with skinnies and a big sweater. They're obviously quite casual, though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now