Talk

Advanced search

First date today, peel fail - help!

(9 Posts)
ThomasRichard Thu 17-Nov-16 10:06:15

I'm going on a date this evening and managed to fall asleep reading a book last night still covered in Elemis papaya enzyme peel. My face this morning had... peeled. I managed to get the dead skin off with my normal cleansing routine but the skin above my lip is red and sore. I've covered the lot in lip balm but is there anything I can do to help the healing process along?

Also, what colour tights do I wear with a black skirt and black heels? I'm wearing black tights now but it doesn't look right.

TuckFrump Thu 17-Nov-16 10:19:20

Sudacreme is good for redness. Are you at home or out and about? If you're at home, slap on a thick layer every hour or so, it should help.

ThomasRichard Thu 17-Nov-16 10:28:24

I'm at work so a sudocrem moustache probably won't wash. Although, hardly anyone's in today grin

PoohBearsHole Thu 17-Nov-16 10:41:43

Go and get some Lansinoh - or similar smile works miracles on cracked skin!

Or this has rescued dry and uncomfortable patches of skin in the past smile

TuckFrump Thu 17-Nov-16 11:34:07

smile...maybe try Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream instead if you don't want everyone staring at your 'tache!

rightknockered Thu 17-Nov-16 12:12:41

Pop into a beautician's at lunch time?

burnishedsilver Thu 17-Nov-16 12:44:50

La roche posay cicaplast b5 healing baume is brilliant. It really worked for me when I had a similar problem involving a sunburnt nose.

ThomasRichard Thu 17-Nov-16 13:18:44

Right, I've slathered on some intensive cocoa cream and booked an appointment to have my makeup done. Thanks for all the suggestions!

TuckFrump Fri 18-Nov-16 09:59:50

How did it go?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now