Talk

Advanced search

Hair removal

(8 Posts)
Finlaggan Wed 16-Nov-16 20:50:16

I'm thinking of getting laser hair removal for my upper lip. Anyone had it done & would you recommend?
Does it really work & were there any side effects?

Trumdrum Wed 16-Nov-16 20:54:44

Yes and yes and yes. Best money I have ever ever ever spent. Works best if you are pale skinned with dark hair. Can feel a little stingy and area can be red and sometimes slightly crusty for a day or two after. Try and find a place that also lasers birthmarks etc on the NHS, and is cqc approved, not a high street ebay-laser place. Where are you?

Finlaggan Wed 16-Nov-16 20:56:55

Thanks, I've got slightly olivey (light) skin & v dark hair. I'm in Scotland.

I think I need to do it, as I get older it's becoming more obvious...

Trumdrum Wed 16-Nov-16 20:57:58

Sorry, can't give you recommendations but do your research carefully or restart the thread and see if someone can recommend x

Finlaggan Wed 16-Nov-16 21:06:59

I was thinking of go into SK:N they are cqc registered & are NHS partners but haven't had any personal recommendations.

Snowkitty Wed 16-Nov-16 21:15:17

I've had it done at Sk:n - my GP recommended them & I found them very professional. Expensive but they do offer discounts from time to time, and your face isn't something to mess with lightly so worth it to use a reputable company IMO. In case you're wondering, no I don't work for them! I've also tried IPL as a top up but results no where as good or long lasting & I've recently been back to Sk:n again.

Finlaggan Thu 17-Nov-16 03:08:50

Thanks *snow^ so after you've had it done do you need to keep going back?

Snowkitty Sat 21-Jan-17 12:42:44

Have been back a couple of times but to zap a few new hairs on my chin. Had underarms & bikini line done approx 8-10 years ago & not had to top-up in either area, I had quite thick dark hair & just get a few fine, light hairs coming through now which are easily taken care of with a razor every now & again. I'm really pleased with long term results.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now