No idea how to dress for my new shape

(7 Posts)
manchee Wed 16-Nov-16 19:28:20

Since starting ADs at the beginning of this year I've put on almost two stone. My mental health is much improved but my figure has gone to pot. I used to be able to scrub up quite nicely for nights out but just feel like a fat frump right now and none of my old go-to looks seem to work.

So, I'm 43, 5ft 3in and around 12 stone. Biggest problem areas are my stomach and upper arms and I don't like to flash a lot of cleavage either.

I'd love to get something nice for my Christmas night out but have no real idea about what shapes might work best. I know I need to get out and try things on but its not much fun when you hate the way you look. Can anyone offer any suggestions?

ReluctantlyRedundant101 Wed 16-Nov-16 20:25:51

I'm something similar and I think Phase Eight is your friend here www.phase-eight.com they have some lovely dresses

manchee Wed 16-Nov-16 20:44:30

Thanks Reluctantly. I would never have thought of Phase 8 but they actually have some really lovely dresses. I'll need to be brave and go try some on.

user1479364581 Thu 17-Nov-16 06:53:19

I am working on something similar. According to me you should try for more shopping store available online and you can choose a comfortable dress in which you look pretty confident.

PussyPatches Thu 17-Nov-16 15:02:31

What sort of budget manchee?
I am currently similar.

manchee Thu 17-Nov-16 19:51:12

I'd be happy to spend £150ish. I also have a big family do coming up so would wear again to that.

ClimbingRoses Thu 17-Nov-16 20:20:45

Why don't you try a John Lewis personal shopper thing - for zero £ they will spend an hour finding stuff that would suit - they know the stock and they have the expertise to know what styles suit what bodyshapes/colours etc

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now