What can I wear with this gold skirt?

(13 Posts)
SexNamesRFab Tue 15-Nov-16 21:37:20

I have a secret hankering for this Zara gold skirt. I really love Xara but usually hate the way the clothes are styled on their website. This is probably because I'm a 38yr old size 14 12 professional woman, rather than an waiflike edgy school girl. So, given all this, how can I make this skirt wearable? I don't really wear black. I can do navy, grey or cream.

IKnowWhyACagedBirdSings Tue 15-Nov-16 21:41:43

In short,you can't. This is a wind up right?" Perhaps you could don a couple of bacon rashers worn crossways to form a sort of bandeau thingy??

Judydreamsofhorses Tue 15-Nov-16 21:44:17

I have a gold sequinned skirt and wear it with a black crew neck jumper, black opaques and either flat black Chelsea boots or black leather Stan Smiths. I know you said you don't wear black so that is no real help - more to show that fancy things can actually be pretty wearable with less fancy other things.

LuckySantangelo1 Tue 15-Nov-16 21:45:29

You'd have to dress the rest of the outfit down so black opaques, ankle boots & a jumper would look good. I have a silver mini skirt which I wear with all black with & it looks great.

MrsLettuce Tue 15-Nov-16 21:46:02

Yeah, I do similar to JUdy.

Can you do a dark bottle green? That'd be great.

Bluntness100 Tue 15-Nov-16 21:47:15

Hmm, I'm not sure either, but I guess if uou had to, then black slim fitting jumper and black opaque tights.

SexNamesRFab Tue 15-Nov-16 21:57:20

Not a wind up, I just really really want the skirt blush I'm bored of wearing sensible cardigans and pencil skirts.

I like the sound of Judy's outfit and also forest green.

SexNamesRFab Tue 15-Nov-16 21:58:13

I mean bottle green - got confused with coat thread.

Judydreamsofhorses Tue 15-Nov-16 22:18:29

This is mine:

www.topshop.com/en/tsuk/product/clothing-427/skirts-449/tall-psych-sequin-swirl-mini-skirt-6022110?bi=0&ps=20

breatheinskipthegym Tue 15-Nov-16 22:23:22

OP, as you don't wear black, how about a crisp white shirt, and maybe one of those solid (like a bangle IYSWIM) gold necklaces?

CaitAgusMadra Wed 16-Nov-16 13:06:22

Not green especially at the time of the year but I have a fear of looking like a Christmas tree or elf

chemicalCat Wed 16-Nov-16 14:23:15

Course you can wear it. I have a similar one in silver which I wear with a fitted black top, black opaques and ... silver ankle boots.

Bur I think it would work with navy.

herecomesthsun Wed 16-Nov-16 20:56:37

navy top, navy opaques and simple but very stylish, lowish heel navy boots

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now