Talk

Advanced search

Dreaded camel toe

(30 Posts)
ThisIsNotARealAvo Tue 15-Nov-16 20:31:48

I carry some extra weight around my lower stomach and trousers often give me really bad camel toe. I have found that side zip ones are more flattering but still only have two pairs of trousers that look ok in the crotch area.

The annoying thing is that I have quite good legs that suit skinny trousers, it's just hard to find tops that are long enough to look good, or trousers that don't give me the CT. Does anyone have any tips? Or is there anyone else who has this problem and has fondness some good clothes?

dudsville Tue 15-Nov-16 21:38:17

Would well fitting pants help?

ThisIsNotARealAvo Tue 15-Nov-16 21:59:34

Doesn't seem to make a huge difference, I have tried different ones.

specialsubject Tue 15-Nov-16 21:59:35

Nature usually has a solution to this. There is a reason that it is a recent problem.

Bluntness100 Wed 16-Nov-16 09:23:52

I think if uou are getting this then uour trousers are too tight, if it's a choice between baggy round the legs or tight round the top and subsequent camel toe. Then you need to go for the former. Every time, I'm sorry, but baggy round the legs is by far the lesser of the two evils.

bibbitybobbityyhat Wed 16-Nov-16 09:26:43

Can you be a little less oblique specialsubject?

chemicalCat Wed 16-Nov-16 09:35:06

I think specialsubject is alluding to the recent phenomenon of fanjo hair removal. Not sure there's any evidence for this. It may be the fashion for thin, stretchy, high-cut jeans and leggings.

bibbitybobbityyhat Wed 16-Nov-16 09:39:11

Why can't she just say so? [eye roll]

NerrSnerr Wed 16-Nov-16 09:53:08

I really don't think not shaving pubes would have any effect on having a camel toe! I'm pregnant and haven't bothered defuzzing and can honestly say for me there really isn't that much hair! I think it's more to do with tight trousers.

HappenstanceMarmite Wed 16-Nov-16 10:09:28

Surely you'd need to grow a bush akin to a beard sported by Brian Blessed for it to have any impact on toe? 😷

botemp Wed 16-Nov-16 10:30:37

I'm not much help on the CT but these side zip skinny trousers from Cos are fab and come in a variety of colours.

I believe there have been some CT addressing underwear companies out there too, will probably be expensive but worth a Google?

BusterGonad Fri 18-Nov-16 04:49:48

I thought camel toe happened because low waisted trousers/jeans were pulled up to high so the seam etc went right into the fanjo crease. Surely higher waisted trousers would fix it as the length from waist to fanjo would be flattering and roomy?

Oblomov16 Fri 18-Nov-16 06:01:32

Laughing at Brian Blessed beard preventing CT!!!

BusterGonad Fri 18-Nov-16 08:48:20

Oblo grin You'd have to be pretty effing hairy to conceal a camel toe wouldn't you. Did they not exist in the 70's??? I'd rather have a raging camel toe then a huge bush in my pants!!!

ZaZathecat Fri 18-Nov-16 08:49:49

I think Buster is right. The trousers need to be long enough in the body not to pull up into the fanj area. Go for high waisted.

BusterGonad Fri 18-Nov-16 08:51:54

ZaZa I'm thinking 90's low rise jeans worn in a high waisty manor to hold in muffin top! Lol.

ZaZathecat Fri 18-Nov-16 08:54:21

I know what you mean Buster grin

Bluntness100 Fri 18-Nov-16 08:54:34

Camel toe happens because trousers are predominantly too small and pulled up too high, simples.

It's sod all to do with your bush. The op needs bigger trousers. She needs to go up a size or two. It's not something uou get in trousers that fit uou correctly.

Simply if the trousers are too tight and pulled up too high the flesh bulges out either side of the seam and is visible to any one who has the misfortune to look at uou.

Sorry op, either bigger trousers or if uou lose the excess weight then it will lessen in the ones you have.

ZoFloMoFo Fri 18-Nov-16 08:57:33

You could try this grin

ZaZathecat Fri 18-Nov-16 08:59:34

I wish they'd done Dragon's Den with that invention ZoFlo!

BusterGonad Fri 18-Nov-16 08:59:46

grinI've just googled camel toe too. Angelina Jolie had a camel toe wearing flesh coloured leggings!!!! Lmfao!

ThisIsNotARealAvo Fri 18-Nov-16 20:16:05

I find that trousers that don't give me that camel toe look are too big in the waist, bum and legs so that's why it's tricky. If it was as easy as going up a size I would have done that. Thanks to everyone who has helped.

singleandfabulous Mon 21-Nov-16 02:40:05

Sorry youve had a hard time on here OP. People are assuming that youre a) fat and b) wearing trousers that are too small. Both wrong.

Its your body shape and/or the cut of your trousers most likely.

Can i ask, are you an apple or inverted triangle shape? (so bigger top half and smaller bottom half with a high waist/hips)? if so then you need to find some companies which cut for your body shape. Try Zara, Mango, Wallis. You also need knickers with a deep /long double gusset.

If all else fails, use a pantyliner or you could try smoothgroove grin

ThisIsNotARealAvo Mon 21-Nov-16 06:48:35

Thank you single. I will try those shops because actually I hardly have anything from them. Great advice. I am a bit fat (16) but I see people my size or much bigger wearing jeans or trousers without the same problem. Thanks again.

ihatethecold Mon 21-Nov-16 06:57:02

Wear a skirt instead grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now