Please help me pick a bag ; LV Alma bb or Celine Nano luggage ? (Warning :designer bags !)

(15 Posts)
Spice22 Tue 15-Nov-16 18:12:52

Hello everyone,

Well Christmas is around the corner and my parents have said they want to get me a bag ! (I'm young and still dependant, long story as to why I'm on this forum).

'Problem' is , I can't quite decide which one I want more.

I don't know how to attach pictures so I'll give full names and avg prices so people can hopefully google if they don't know the bags.
Louis Vuitton Alma BB in epi leather (£1100)
Celine Nano Luggage Tote (~£1900)

I want a small bag as that's what I use most and I want one to use daily. Also want one that can be evening or day.

Thanks for your advice !

olderthanyouthink Tue 15-Nov-16 18:51:21

I'd prefer the celine nano to the alma bb but I'd be inclined together the alma in a bigger size over a celine in a bigger size.

I think the alma is more classic but I don't like it in the tiny size.

What colours are you looking at?

Spice22 Tue 15-Nov-16 18:55:06

older thanks for replying !

For the alma , I want it in Fuschia. Which is another reason I want it small - it'll be a nice pop of colour with my usual dark clothes. Also, I feel the Alma in bigger sizes is a bit too grown up looking for me.
The Celine Nano would be in black

aniceearlynight Tue 15-Nov-16 20:16:06

I'd opt for the Celine. I think it's younger and more chic. But then I'm not much of an Alma fan. Have you considered the LV Cluny BB?

chiquita1 Tue 15-Nov-16 20:45:03

I say buy the alma, LV has been making it since the thirties, it is a classic. I love it (I have 3, 1 damier 1 epi rouge and 1 epi blue).

Whatthefoxgoingon Tue 15-Nov-16 20:50:12

I'd pick the Celine any day of the week

LizzieMacQueen Tue 15-Nov-16 21:12:01

Louis Vuitton one

LizzieMacQueen Tue 15-Nov-16 21:12:20

Celine Nano

Spice22 Tue 15-Nov-16 21:17:07

Oops this thread is now active - Id stared another one in AIBU for more traffic blush

* Chiquita* do you have any pictures you don't mind sharing? (Totally understand if you don't want to).

Thankyou Lizzie !

anice no I havent checked that one out, I'll go have a look now, thanks

AmberNectarine Tue 15-Nov-16 23:18:35

A million times the nano!

chiquita1 Wed 16-Nov-16 11:50:39

Here is my alma damier MM next to my speedy 30. I have the MM model, the speedy holds more but the alma is prettier. The initials are my initials heat stamped, they can do that when you buy them. Maybe the celine looks better but I doubt it will still be made in the next 10 years, the alma is a classic.

aniceearlynight Wed 16-Nov-16 12:14:12

Have you considered the Speedy 25 (or the bandouliere version) as an alternative to the Alma? I love the Speedy - most practical bag ever.

Madbengalmum Wed 16-Nov-16 19:30:59

Definately the Alma, really dont like the shape of the other.

Fig678 Thu 17-Nov-16 12:47:00

100% Alma

Spice22 Thu 17-Nov-16 16:56:39

Yes I decided to go for the Alma ! I think I love it a bit more...

anice the speedy really doesn't appeal to me for some reason.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now