Talk

Advanced search

Silver hair shampoo and conditioner any recommendations?

(11 Posts)
ThursFriHappy Tue 15-Nov-16 17:37:30

As a newly qualified silver foxette grin, I have been informed by my hair stylist, that I need shampoo and conditioner in keeping with the colour.
About 50% of it is au naturale, but the rest is added to even things out.

So many shampoos on the market, can anybody recommend to keep the silvers silver?

ThursFriHappy Tue 15-Nov-16 17:38:57

Ok, vixen, but I thought foxette gave it a bit more, er, ooomphh.

FrickOnAStick Tue 15-Nov-16 17:43:26

They tend to be quite drying. I like the platinum one by Pureology. It's not too drying and doesn't upset my scalp like most of them do.

If you don't have a sensitive scalp then the Touch of Silver one is excellent and bargainous. It is very purple though so be careful you aren't leaving the shampoo on too long as it can stain skin.

Cocolepew Tue 15-Nov-16 17:44:37

I saw this recommended

Frouby Tue 15-Nov-16 17:47:12

I used to.use a joico one recommended by my hairdresser. It's expensive but.much better than the usual high street shampoos.

ThisPasadenaHomemaker Tue 15-Nov-16 17:48:20

Lush Daddy-O is my favourite shampoo.

Also rate Schwarzkopf Bonacure.

The Touch of Silver range is a great affordable option.

I don't use silver-specific conditioner but do use a really good deep conditioning one and do a mask once a week as the silver shampoos are rather drying.

puddingisgood Tue 15-Nov-16 18:46:42

I find Paul Mitchell Platinum Blonde shampoo great, used with a conditioner for my hair type (fine), again expensive but I only use it every third wash or so.

ThursFriHappy Tue 15-Nov-16 19:32:53

Thanks for your recommendations, will look into these mentioned smile

jesterkat Tue 15-Nov-16 19:36:24

I use the shampoo and conditioner by osmo and the violet mask once a week. Its fab and my platinum violet blonde stays icy!

hollieberrie Tue 15-Nov-16 19:59:01

I use Bleach London. Def my fave of all the purple shampoos.
This one i think it is:
www.boots.com/en/Bleach-Silver-Shampoo-250ml_1401400/

PickAChew Tue 15-Nov-16 20:00:13

I'm a daddy-o fan. It smells like Parma violets!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now