We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Anyone got the Hush Tara dress?

(12 Posts)
BritabroadinAsia Mon 14-Nov-16 13:55:24

The burgundy one is sitting in my basket, but I'm not sure if it will flatter a short waisted size 14... any thoughts? And what's the sizing like?

missjoanie Mon 14-Nov-16 18:00:16

I've got the Hush Tara in size XS (I'm an 8) in the same colour. I'm pretty happy with it; it's true to size. Not too billowy on top, not too tight on the bum. It won't set the world alight but it's a good quality day dress!

JDSTER Mon 14-Nov-16 21:48:08

Hi Brit. I've got it in a small (I'm 8-10). I like it. I wore it for the first time last week. There was a thread not that long ago about the dress and some people thought it was too shapeless at the top. I think it's a definite need to try it on in real life sort of dress to see if it suits you

Laska5772 Mon 14-Nov-16 21:54:00

It doesnt do it for me, Im a fairly busty 12/14 . The neck is too high and the top is too large overall.. ( I got the L , but maybe the M would have been better but they dont have it in the green) . Anyway its going back.. I am hoping they will do the Ruched skirt in green next season.. ( have two of these and they look fine on me)

AgathaMystery Mon 14-Nov-16 22:21:08

I've sent Tara back. Twice.

I'm a 14 & & the top was huge and the skirt was tight. I was stunned at how awful it looked TBH hmmgrin

SpeckledyBanana Mon 14-Nov-16 22:22:09

I have it in XL, I am a UK16. Love it.

wooooofudge Mon 14-Nov-16 22:24:38

I'm a short waisted 12-14 and I really like mine. A colleague complimented me on it when I wore it on dress down day and bought herself one in the forest green. But, like anything, if you aren't comfortable in it then you probably won't wear it so try something else instead.

Wazzler Tue 15-Nov-16 06:22:54

I have it I'm an 8 it's baggy on top and tight and rides up on bottom so I wear with leggings
Have had lots of compliments, it's easy to wear and doesn't need ironing (I think..)
Looks horrific hanging up though

Gillybobs Tue 15-Nov-16 07:11:05

I'm a short waisted 16 and sent it back. Hugely disappointed in it. Didn't flatter and the fabric was very unappealing

Needastrongone Tue 15-Nov-16 08:52:30

I have 3. smile

I'm a 6/8. No boobs. I absolutely love mine. Hugely flattering, for me anyway. Can dress up or down.

When washed, if you shake and stick it on a hanger to dry, no need to iron.

I think it's one of those dresses that you need to try on and decide for yourself. There's a code at the minute for free delivery and returns if that would help?

YvaineStormhold Tue 15-Nov-16 08:55:32

I think you're better being short waisted in it.

I'm a long-backed size 14, and because of where the waist sits, the billowyness of the top does nothing to hide my tummy.

I've kept it, but I think it would look better on me if my waist was lower.

StewardsEnquiry Tue 15-Nov-16 11:25:15

I love mine. Size 12, got a medium. Looks great.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now