Help! I hate my hair!

(5 Posts)
AfroPunk Mon 14-Nov-16 09:50:37

I gave birth to my dc3 8w ago and can't seem to commit any time to my hair, which is really high maintenance.

It's very long and naturally curly, but it doesn't curl properly since I've been straightening it. So, if I leave it to dry naturally, it's just weird and frizzy; curly at the roots and straight from halfway down. (It's always been frizzy, that isn't the effect of the GHDs). I don't really have the time to straighten or tong it, so it just gets pulled back into a shitty looking bun and it feels so unattractive.

What can I do to improve how it looks other than shaving it off or tucking it under a big hat all winter? Do you have any styling or time-saving ideas?

AfroPunk Mon 14-Nov-16 19:05:53

MrsMcAvoy Mon 14-Nov-16 19:48:22

No advice but this sounds like I could have written this post!! My hair does the exact same thing. It looks lovely when straightened or waved with the straighteners but 9 month old DS put a stop to that!

PippilottaViktualia Mon 14-Nov-16 19:59:35

Oh I meant to reply to this, this morning. Oops.

I don't really get a chance to style my hair everyday with two toddlers and a full time job with long commutes. I find if I wash it at night, towel dry then put in some Tigi Control Freak and leave it to dry, then smooth in a little more in the morning that it stays quite nice and wavy but no frizzy at all. Obviously it's better if I use the product and blow dry my hair but I can't ever always be bothered with that. It's great stuff really keeps the frizzy mess at bay, for me anyway.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Mon 14-Nov-16 20:03:53

Redken Frizz Dismiss Rebel Tame is what you need!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now