Do you feel self conscious with certain nail polish colours?

(13 Posts)
carrottopper Sun 13-Nov-16 23:04:33

I love red and burgundy colours but would never wear them for work. Do people make judgements based on nail colours (I have a professional role)? I feel very self conscious about anything other than pale and nude colours.

Judydreamsofhorses Sun 13-Nov-16 23:13:56

No. I am a lecturer and always have painted nails - never nude type colours. For what it's worth, I think red and burgundy are classic colours, I thought you were going to say lime green when I opened the thread. Currently mine are freshly painted in a lovely grey.

interstellarcloudofdust Sun 13-Nov-16 23:44:32

Nope, never self conscious, don't care what anyone else thinks of my nails. Zero fucks given.

KingJoffreysRestingCuntface Sun 13-Nov-16 23:53:11

No.

Which is handy as my nails are currently a mishmash of two shades of teal and a couple of nails with wraps on.

I need to sort them out.

GloveBug Sun 13-Nov-16 23:54:46

Nope i wear any colour. It's only been the last cope of years that I've started painting my nails and it was weird at first using bold or bright colours but I soon got used to it. Burgundys and reds are lovely colours. As long as the colour doesn't majorly clash with what you're wearing then I think you'll be fine

notangelinajolie Sun 13-Nov-16 23:54:51

No all colours are good 😊 Chipped ones are not so good.

VanillaSpiceCandle Mon 14-Nov-16 01:27:15

I think as long as they're clean and not chipped or ragged then go for it. Also I think red and burgundy are perfect this time of year!

EnidButton Mon 14-Nov-16 04:16:57

Red and burgundy/wine coloured nails are very chic and classics. Especially at this time of year.

BusterGonad Mon 14-Nov-16 04:23:07

No way. Why would I? I couldn't live in a world of just boring nude and pale nails. Same with make up. If I want bright I'll go bright. I think reds and burgundy on nails are traditional anyway. It's hardly neon green and bright yellow.

ChipIn Mon 14-Nov-16 04:41:42

I too am in a professional role and love bright coloured nails. It livens up a typical dark corporate outfit wonderfully. I just make sure my nails are short and filed well and take it off as soon as it chips.

JC23 Mon 14-Nov-16 05:46:01

I think any colour is fine but they must be perfect with no chips!

OhHaaaaay Mon 14-Nov-16 10:17:41

I'm in a professional role and I wear red, burgundy, nudes etc (and naice coral shades in the summer).

The only thing I would steer away from are the garish shades around at the moment - neon / lime / bright blue etc. They do no one any favours. Also nail art. hmm

Lottapianos Mon 14-Nov-16 13:50:22

Also in a professional role, a clinical role actually, and I always have painted nails. I totally agree with others - so long as they are filed, tidy and never chipped, you are fine. I have a colleague who has painted nails but they are always chipped to hell, all different lengths, bits broken off etc. They make me feel sick. I want to beg her to just throw out the polish and keep her nails short and clean instead.

Enjoy your nails OP, its a lovely hobby to have

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now