Talk

Advanced search

How do you deal with uncomfortable shoes and boots?

(23 Posts)
QueenMortificado Sun 13-Nov-16 18:52:20

I have seen a pair of gorgeous boots from new look which I know will have zero padding on the ball of the foot and therefore be really uncomfortable

I've tried those gel insoles but they just make me feel sweaty. Is there anything else? How does everyone else get around cheap shoes?

ConvincingLiar Sun 13-Nov-16 18:56:59

Could you try the foam insoles? Wear some padded socks? I don't buy shoes that feel uncomfortable in the shop and if I accidentally buy them I wear them when I'll mostly be sat down.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sun 13-Nov-16 19:17:45

They don't get houseroom with me.
Lifes too short and you only get one pair of feet.

I need to be able to drive in my shoes and if my life depends on it, run in them.

There, that wasn't the answer you wanted but my feet have their Professional hats on (NHS Podiatrist)

P1nkP0ppy Sun 13-Nov-16 19:20:26

I certainly won't buy any shoes or boots that are uncomfortable and if that has happened after I get home then they're returned to the shop.
It just isn't worth the discomfort/pain!

bloodyteenagers Sun 13-Nov-16 19:24:01

Nothing. They don't leave the shop with me. If they are delivered they are sent back. life's too short

QueenMortificado Sun 13-Nov-16 19:24:44

I know you're all right! In the last few years I've started buying the very boring types of shoes my mother wears. Good for my feet blah blah blah

But these boots are so pretty! I was hoping someone had the magical answer

MsUnderstanding Sun 13-Nov-16 20:42:08

Life is too short for crappy uncomfortable shoes as Pps have said already. I wear insoles with all mine ( need arch support and cushioning on ball of foot) You can get socks that wick away moisture if sweat is a problem. I wear any style of boots I like, just stick in some insoles.

QueenMortificado Sun 13-Nov-16 20:43:20

Ms the sweaty feet is only a problem with gel insoles. Do you have a recommendation of better insoles?

MsUnderstanding Sun 13-Nov-16 21:03:39

Mine are like these. www.shoeinsoles.co.uk/sof-sole-plantar-fasciitis-orthotic-insoles-for-women.html

mybrainhurtsalot Sun 13-Nov-16 21:05:39

Could you post a link to the boots and perhaps someone will link to some more comfortable alternatives?

dudsville Sun 13-Nov-16 21:07:39

Are they super pretty?

Even then no.

Good looking, comfortable shoes make me feel like I'm winning.

NicknameUsed Sun 13-Nov-16 21:09:52

"They don't get houseroom with me.
Lifes too short and you only get one pair of feet."

This ^^. I really can't bear to wear uncomfortable footwear. I don't think that women who mince around in vertiginous heels realise just how ridiculous they look.

I walk quickly, or rather stride when I walk. I CBA to wear footwear that I can't do that in.

QueenMortificado Sun 13-Nov-16 21:17:30

They're these. I usually order them from more sensible places but I love love these

m.newlook.com/shop/shoe-gallery/view-all-boots/dark-red-suedette-metal-block-heel-boots_392369961

specialsubject Sun 13-Nov-16 21:31:53

Shoes can hurt if they look good....said no man ever.

And they dont even look good - Laura trott photoshoot in the times yesterday, her lovely muscled legs twisted by ugly spike heels. And they made Jason Kenny look just as ridiculous although he got flat.shoes.

Don't do it. And don't waddle in ballet flats either, also bad for feet as well as looking daft.

QueenMortificado Sun 13-Nov-16 21:34:04

I don't waddle in ballet flats! I wear very sensible, supportive flat shoes most of the time, trainers at weekends, supportive boots mostly. The boots I do have are either insolia or Gabor

But I loooooove these and want them! Just don't want the burning balls of feet pain

CointreauVersial Sun 13-Nov-16 21:47:44

I used to suffer for pretty footwear, but not any more.

I'm so happy that flat/block-heeled shoes are in at the moment.

Having said that, gel insoles do help; they've never made my feet sweaty.

TwoWeeksInCyprus Sun 13-Nov-16 23:00:41

I bought some Alice Bow insoles - they're leather, but have gel padding underneath.
www.alicebow.com/collections/the-alice-bow-collection/products/insoles-for-high-heels?variant=22102013697
The ones I bought were for flat shoes, with the padding under the heel.

TwoWeeksInCyprus Sun 13-Nov-16 23:03:06

Also, you could get thicker rubber soles put on the bottom by a cobbler before you wear them.

PNGirl Mon 14-Nov-16 10:38:52

Your feet will sweat in them no matter which insoles you use as they're "suedette". The first time those heels meet a bit of gravel, the metallic covering will start to chip. Don't do it!

nothingwittyhere Mon 14-Nov-16 11:12:10

If women keep putting up with uncomfortable shoes retailers will keep foist in them on us. Don't stand for this second class service. Men don't have this problem because they don't buy painful shoes. It's perfectly possible for shops to sell comfortable attractive shoes, if they know they can't sell us crap.

Ladyformation Mon 14-Nov-16 11:38:45

Honestly? I bleed until my feet change shape. I have a disgusting scaly layer of skin all over my feet. I have no hints for making it better. I'm a disgrace to the sisterhood sad

NicknameUsed Mon 14-Nov-16 12:46:00

Why Ladyformation?

Get yourself some Footner. It really does work.

QueenMortificado Mon 14-Nov-16 13:02:10

Thanks TwoWeeks those look perfect

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now