I just removed my facial hair with Immac or whatever it's called these days.

(19 Posts)
KingJoffreysRestingCuntface Sat 12-Nov-16 17:25:54

Was a sensitive one.

I've always used it for the chaos around my eyebrows where the eyebrow hair turns blonde but doesn't really get shorter and I use it for my top lip. I only get about 8 hairs there but the buggers are black (no idea why, my hair is naturally dark blonde and I'm as pale as Morticia Addams).

I also get a long stiff fecker who grows (suddenly and without warning) to the left of my mouth but I pull him out the day he visits. He goes from nothing to a centimetre long in one day so he's easy enough to cope with.

Today I did my cheeks. They were looking a bit fluffy.

I'm being a guinea pig for a mate doing a makeup course on Monday and I don't want to make it harder for her by giving her my hairy, straw like face to contend with.

Anyway, it's gone. Smooth.

However, it will grow back. Longer? Darker? Spikier? Who knows?

How much do you think I'll regret this decision??

grin

KikiNeedsABroom Sat 12-Nov-16 18:00:49

No idea but your posts and descriptions always make me laugh! (Serial name changer)

SpongeBobJudgeyPants Sat 12-Nov-16 18:18:40

It will be fine. I don't think your hair roots are aware that you have done stuff to your hair, so it shouldn't make any difference. I have to do this, and carry on down my neck a bit too. If I catch sight of myself in the car visor mirror, and I'm due to have de-furred, I am horrified when I see Billy Goat Gruff looking back at me grin

DiscoMike Sat 12-Nov-16 18:25:23

I went to get my eyebrows threaded once and the lady gestured towards my entire face and said she was going to do it. Ear to ear, neck, chin, top lip MY GOD it hurt There were tears and whimpers.

Now I bleach my cheeks, and tweezer/epilate/immac the rest.

SisterMoonshine Sat 12-Nov-16 19:49:45

Need to start doing this. I'm put off starting something I'll have to keep up with, though I really should.
Is it stuff specifically for the face?

Elledouble Sat 12-Nov-16 19:52:22

Even the sensitive stuff makes my skin go rash-y blush

More than once I've ended up with a red, flaky moustache. I use one of those sandpaper things now.

BusterGonad Sun 13-Nov-16 08:47:09

You are brave RestingCuntFace let us know how it grows back!

londonpia Sun 13-Nov-16 08:50:51

I always do that. Use the sensitive stuff, of course. It takes the hair off at the root, rather than below it. Never grows back wiry or darker.

Kirriemuir Sun 13-Nov-16 08:52:39

I shove it up my nose when I do my upper lip. It fascinates me how much comes out from up there.

flumpybear Sun 13-Nov-16 10:24:30

Beauty salon for me ... wax! I've really sensitive skin but it's ok afterwards! They use aloe Vera afterwards tho which probably helps

overthehillandroundthemountain Sun 13-Nov-16 10:26:23

I did mine with a Boots sensitive lot for facial hair and it grew back fine! Like, literally fine grin No worse, in fact I'm sure it stunted regrowth....

TheEmojiFormerlyKnownAsPrince Sun 13-Nov-16 10:28:11

I used this once and once only on my upper lip. I have dark hair.

When is started to grow back it looked like l had a million black heads on my top lip. Too small to remove of do anything with.

The memory still makes me shudder with horror years later

KingJoffreysRestingCuntface Sun 13-Nov-16 10:40:47

Well, it's been 24 hours and I've not broken out in hives, grown a weird fungus or watched my face fall off.

Okay so far.

Mrstumbletap Sun 13-Nov-16 10:58:56

Is immac the cream you leave on for 5 minutes then wash off or is it wax and you rip the hair out?

I use the sandpaper thing someone mentioned earlier

flirtygirl Sun 13-Nov-16 11:25:04

I used to do the same op, now i shave after i read an article that facial shaving helps you to look younger due to the exfoiliation that takes place. Prob just once a month but its needed every 3 weeks so i have a hairy week every month but im scared to do it more.

BusterGonad Sun 13-Nov-16 13:24:17

FlirtyGirl do you shave your whole face? I was reading the Lisa Eldridge video about that. She said she liked it!

bear28 Sun 13-Nov-16 13:40:31

I was thinking about doing this to the sides of my face, up above my brow bone. I don't have dark hairs. They are almost clear, very light, but I absolutely hate the thought of having a fluffy face. I've used sensitive hair removal cream down below and it didn't go down a treat. Is hair removal cream the best way forward for the hairs on my face? Should I consider wax? In the long run I'd like to get later but it's very costly. I just don't want to look like a man. Haha.

Oblomov16 Sun 13-Nov-16 13:54:15

Like descriptions op.
It's hard to know what to do. And once you've done it, it's too late to regret it!!

flirtygirl Sun 13-Nov-16 14:17:42

Buster, yes i do, i had to start shaving for laser hair removal that i had over 18 months worth of, before giving up, as expensive and didnt make much difference. I then continued shaving after id read the article.
Just hope my husband never sees me as still feel funny doing it. I have to say my skin is looking better these days but couldnt put it down to just this alone, as my routine is much better nowadays also.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now