Talk

Advanced search

Thin base layers for under wool and cashmere

(14 Posts)
eurochick Sat 12-Nov-16 16:53:12

Where do you get yours? I don't want to add bulk but need something between my skin and wool/cashmere.

Euphemia Sat 12-Nov-16 17:03:38

Uniqlo Heattech camis/vests.

Artandco Sat 12-Nov-16 17:08:28

Finisterre merino thermals

GobblersKnob Sat 12-Nov-16 17:10:18

Second uniqlo heattech though I don't wear wool, but they make an awesome base layer.

eurochick Sat 12-Nov-16 20:51:15

I need sleeves. I find wool too itchy to have it against bare skin.

Judydreamsofhorses Sat 12-Nov-16 20:56:29

John Lewis do a very similar range to Uniqlo - I find them warmer/nicer fit. Both do long-sleeved as well as vest type tops.

JanetStWalker Sat 12-Nov-16 20:58:50

I stocked up on these from Hush, they're not thermal but they're incredibly soft and comfortable without adding any bulk.

www.hush-uk.com/basics/tops_2/long-sleeved_tops/second_skin_ls_tee_black.htm

Doyouthinktheysaurus Sat 12-Nov-16 21:08:31

Uniqlo heattech here too. I have loads of their tops, long sleeve and short sleeve. Some I've had for years, they wash and wear really well and come in loads of colours.

I tend to buy a few more each year. They are very reasonably priced and they have offers from time to time.

Drywhitethanks Sat 12-Nov-16 21:10:48

Uniqlo heatech again...can't beat them

CantChoose Sat 12-Nov-16 21:18:24

Agree with PP, I wear a heattech every single day. Even in summer :/ I think I need to wean myself off or something...

TimTamTerrier Sat 12-Nov-16 21:23:59

I find Uniqlo Heatech very warm, really too warm unless I'm outside and it's close to freezing, but I'm a very hot person. I have quite a few Lands' End and American Apparel long-sleeved cotton t-shirts, although even they are a bit warm and I often just wear American Apparel skinny rib vests which come in a load of colours and are good under slightly see-through tops.

eurochick Sun 13-Nov-16 17:05:36

That's close to unanimous - thanks!

Lanaorana1 Sun 13-Nov-16 17:18:04

Primark long-sleeved cotton/lycra scoop-neck - 3.50 - when times are too hot/menopausal for heattech.

kat088 Sun 13-Nov-16 23:04:01

have you tried wool/silk? These guys have a good selection - lanabambini.co.uk/store/women-s-merino-wool-silk-thermal-underwear/women-s-thermal-underwear/long-sleeved-vests.html

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now