Talk

Advanced search

How do you display your perfumes?

(94 Posts)
swimster01 Sat 12-Nov-16 10:58:02

At the moment, I store mine on my dressing table in front of their original boxes. But my collection is growing and so I need to think of an alternative solution - maybe a shelf or display unit?

OlennasWimple Sat 12-Nov-16 10:59:26

If you use them, you should keep them in their boxes or some other way to keep them out of the light so they last longer

TheDowagerCuntess Sat 12-Nov-16 11:01:35

Yes, they're meant to be out of the sunlight.

I don't display them - they're all in the bathroom cabinet.

LittleBearPad Sat 12-Nov-16 11:02:27

I chuck mine in my bathroom cabinet.

Whatthefoxgoingon Sat 12-Nov-16 11:05:25

I keep them out of the light, in my dressing room.

Banderchang Sat 12-Nov-16 11:05:29

Why would you display them? Mine are in their boxes in my wardrobe so they stay out of the light and keep better.

allegretto Sat 12-Nov-16 11:06:05

I don't display them.

swimster01 Sat 12-Nov-16 11:07:26

I think they look nice on display - some of the bottles are really pretty. Why would you keep them hidden away?

MissBattleaxe Sat 12-Nov-16 11:08:37

Mine are on my dressing table but out of sunlight. I think the pretty bottles are half the fun! Some of them just cry out to be displayed.

anonymousbird Sat 12-Nov-16 11:10:01

I only have one, and it's in the cabinet.

LittleDittyAbout Sat 12-Nov-16 11:11:18

I throw the box out and chuck the bottle in my handbag.

Wolpertinger Sat 12-Nov-16 11:11:32

While they do look lovely, they are supposed to be out of sunlight to stop the perfume deteriorating. So the expensive ones are in a drawer.

Sgtmajormummy Sat 12-Nov-16 11:16:44

I only display the empty ones.

Fresh good ones are in the bathroom cabinet and there's a Lidl cheapie out to act as an air freshener and as a decoy to DD (10) who would spray my good stuff all over!

MissBattleaxe Sat 12-Nov-16 11:17:39

The expensive ones are in their boxes. The cheaper ones not, but out of sunlight and in a tray/box thing with high sides. My vintage scents never comes out of the boxes except for sniffage.

OlennasWimple Sat 12-Nov-16 11:21:13

envy at having a dressing room...

Whatthefoxgoingon Sat 12-Nov-16 11:31:06

If you display them, the light will make the perfumes deteriorate and turn. It's a really bad idea. Most of my perfumes are niche or vintage and expensive so I'd rather preserve them.

Olennna: won't lie, I love my dressing room which was designed just for me grin

AlexaTwoAtT Sat 12-Nov-16 11:32:07

I don't keep the boxes. Ugh. Why would you!?

AlexaTwoAtT Sat 12-Nov-16 11:36:21

I have never understood the collecting of perfumes thing. Don't you want to have what is called a " signature scent"? I like the idea that my perfume is me. At the moment I have two of the Aqua Allegoria ones which I use as the mood takes me. Both are fresh and spritzy and deliciously light and fruity

Whatthefoxgoingon Sat 12-Nov-16 11:38:56

Er no. I'm a perfume lover. There is a massive thread on here full of us. We appreciate all sorts of fragrances and would never be happy restricted to one scent only.

Hellmouth Sat 12-Nov-16 11:42:39

I usually have all of mine on my dresser, in the original boxes. I don't have a lot, only about 5, and I only use them for special ocassions, which isn't often. They're probably kind of wasted on me :D

My dresser is never in direct sunlight, so this works for me.

Alexa my signature scent is palmers cocoa butter body lotion. That stuff is awesome :D

AlexaTwoAtT Sat 12-Nov-16 11:47:20

One scent only? That is being classy. It suggests a level of discernment that those with a "collection" do not possess.

AlexaTwoAtT Sat 12-Nov-16 11:48:18

In any case, heavy cloying perfumes make me feel ill.

Ostrobogulous Sat 12-Nov-16 11:50:02

Mine are all in drawer to keep them out of the sunlight.

KatieScarlett Sat 12-Nov-16 11:52:34

Some are in the loo, some in the cupboard, ones I'm using are in my bag or on the dresser. Who are you displaying your perfume to? Visitors?

there's nothing wrong with Avignon a collection just as there's nothing wrong with only having one scent. Classy doesn't come into it really. Some people are into clothes or cars others into perfume. I don't see how there's anything to be snobbish about it whichever side of the perfume debate you fall on.

Mine are all either stored in original boxes in a drawer or without boxes in a large lidded box. I don't carry glass bottles in my bag as I have found that it can be a bit messy if the bottles bang on anything,e specially my crutches so I just carry a pump spray of a scent i like that comes in a plastic lidded bottle

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now