I need to ditch my parka. What do I wear instead?

(7 Posts)
sweetmelody Sat 12-Nov-16 09:45:45

Has to be:
- khaki or brown-towned
- warm
- hood is preferable
- bum covering
- STYLISH!

I fancy me a bit of (understated) camo, but am I too late for that 'trend'?!

My parka does the job and is probably quite stylish, as parkas go. But god I'm bored of it...

WhooooAmI24601 Sat 12-Nov-16 09:48:06

I keep seeing lots of women in those puffy coats with waist belts so sort of cinched in to stop you looking like the michelin man. I work in a school so have to be practical; it's either a parka or a wool coat to mid-thigh. Rarely stylish.

Oasis do lovely coats, though, and often do 20% discounts. And although they're nowhere near cool, I do love a Joules coat for sheer practicality.

microsnake Sat 12-Nov-16 09:50:40

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Mymothersdaughter Sat 12-Nov-16 09:51:43

From warehouse

sweetmelody Sat 12-Nov-16 13:56:48

That's a nice one micro. Belstaff-esque, even. But I fear it's a parka by any other name....

Rathkelter Sat 12-Nov-16 15:22:09

Unless you layer a lot, those smart wool coats are not that warm or wind proof. The best cost I bought was a puffy down jacket from Lands End in 2009. It's still in great condition and is super warm. They still have similar ones. Not too Michelin man and no fiddly belt. This is just one option and comes in tan but can't seem to link it. I'm on the Tube coat

sweetmelody Sun 13-Nov-16 10:30:21

Am really liking this, but wondering a) if it's a no no without a hood and b) whether it's going to be nice on (shape is very unusual).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now